This article describes the purchasing process for Autodesk Subscriptions.
Returns & Refunds: Autodesk does not permit returns or refunds on subscription orders. Please ensure that your order is correct before submitting it.
End of Term Cancellations: All subscriptions are set to auto-renew at their term end date (anniversary date). You may disable auto-renew anytime up until 5 business days before the subscription’s term end date. To do so, you must first un-assign licenses from end users. You are obligated to pay for the subscriptions until their term end date. To turn off the auto-renew option in order to stop them renewing, please refer to ‘How to: Disable Auto-renew for Autodesk’.
Minimum Commitment Term: All subscriptions have a 12-month | 1 year commitment term. For monthly pre-paid subscriptions, this means you are committing to 12 monthly instalments.
Customer Support: You are obligated to provide support to your Customers. Ingram Micro and Autodesk provide customer support to only you.
Software Updates and Upgrades: To receive software update and upgrade entitlements from the subscription purchase, you must be registered directly with Autodesk and have a valid CSN.
Multiple Subscription Orders: If you are planning to purchase more than one subscription, please note that Autodesk only allows one order to be done at a time. Therefore, please complete the purchasing process for your first subscription, and then start a second purchasing process.
Notifications: Once the Autodesk subscription's been provisioned, the reseller will receive notifications pertaining to the following events:
- Odin notifies when the Autodesk subscription is ready. If you wish to receive this email, please enter your own email instead.
2. Autodesk alerts when the order has been processed
3. Autodesk sends an email once activation is complete. The email contains a link to the Autodesk portal where the purchased product can be downloaded.
Following is a brief description of features that are unique to Autodesk.
Customer Specific Number (CSN): If you are a reseller for Autodesk’s specialized products you should enter your 10-digit CSN (Customer Specific Number) in the ‘CSN Partner Number’ field to display all categories and all specializations. If you don’t have a CSN, you will be able to sell products only from the Autodesk ‘Open’ Catalogue (and not any of the Specialized products). If you are interested in becoming a specialized reseller, you can sign up for a CSN on the Autodesk portal.
Product ID: The product ID is a 15-character code that identifies a specific Autodesk service plan. Each service plan represented by a product ID contains the following information: i) the service plan’s name ii) subscription period and iii) selects between basic or advanced support. You will find these product IDs listed in the Autodesk product catalogue. By providing a product ID, you can go directly to checkout and the product will be automatically placed in your shopping cart.
How to: Purchase Autodesk from Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace
1) Log in to Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace with your reseller credentials
2) Select Autodesk Software Suites from Business Applications under Cloud Services.
3) Click the Select button for ‘Autodesk Software Suites – Monthly Pre-Paid and Annual Pre-Paid Subscriptions’
4) Click the Continue button
IMPORTANT: Please review the information on ‘Autodesk Software Suites’ page before clicking the Continue button.
5) Enter your Customer Service Number (CSN) if you do not have a CSN leave the ‘CSN Partner Number’ field blank
Fig. 5: You have to enter your CSN only once.
Fig. 6: After entering CSN the first-time, subsequent visits to the CMP automatically displays your CSN.
6) Click the Continue button (with or without a CSN)
7) Specializations are displayed or if you do not have a CSN, the ‘Open’ catalogue is available
Fig. 7-A: Specialized resellers can see all the specializations.
Fig. 7-B: A reseller without a CSN sees only ‘Open’ products. The ‘Open’ catalog is available to all resellers.
8) Enter a product ID in the ‘Search Material’ field or leave it blank if you do not have a product ID. If you have provided a product ID, you can continue from Step 12.
9) Select a Specialization
10) The categories associated with the selected specialization are displayed, select a category
11) Select a subscription period; then decide whether you want basic or advanced support for your product and then click the Continue button
Note: ‘SPZD’ SKUs are available only as annual subscriptions.
12) The selected service plan appears in a new section where you can use the + and – buttons to increase or decrease the number of licenses under this subscription
Note: Based on the screenshot below, the customer has 1 license.
13) Click the Continue button
14) ‘My Cart’ page opens and you can review the contents of your shopping cart and then click the Proceed to Check Out button
IMPORTANT: Complete the purchasing process of your Autodesk product before buying any other services. If purchasing additional Autodesk products, please complete check-out and provisioning of your first Autodesk product before returning to Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace to buy a second Autodesk product, this is because Autodesk lets Ingram Micro submit only one product per Order.
- A new customer (i.e. first-time order for this Customer on Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace), you will be presented with a form in which to fill in the required customer information (such as their name, address, phone number, etc.)
NOTE: The Customer Email address that you supply here will be used to receive the Welcome Email upon successful provisioning of the service. If you wish to receive the Welcome Email yourself, enter your own email address here.
Fig. 15: New customer form
16) On the ‘Reseller Billing Information’ page, select your payment method, tick the ‘I agree to the Ingram Micro Cloud Terms of Service, Autodesk Terms and Conditions’ check box and finally click the Submit button
IMPORTANT: The grand total does not include all applicable taxes. Local taxes will be calculated and applied to your ‘Final Invoice’.
Once your subscription has been purchased, you may monitor the provisioning progress from the Reseller Control Panel (refer to ‘How to: Check Autodesk’s Provisioning Status in Reseller Control Panel’).
Following is a comprehensive list of all articles related to Autodesk:
- Autodesk - Starter Guide
- Important! How to: Order New Subscriptions from your Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- How to: Setup Markup Margins for Autodesk Service Plans
- How to: Check Autodesk’s Provisioning Status on your Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- How to: Add or Remove Seats to an existing Subscription using your Customer Control Panel (CCP)
- How to: Disable Auto-Renew (Cancel Subscriptions) from your Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- How to: Download Autodesk software from the Autodesk Account Management Portal
- Helpdesk Information: Whom Should I Contact?
- Autodesk - FAQs
- Important Considerations