2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
6) Click on the Add Monitor button
7) The ‘+ Add Monitor’ page opens
8) Enter all the required fields (website URL for which you want to monitor; preferred Http method: GET, HEAD or POST); select a user agent
Highlighted required fields
Url: URL of website which you want monitored.
Http method: Select your preferred HTTP method – GET, HEAD or POST.
User agent: Select a user agent
9) Click the Next button
10) The system does a quick check to ensure the website is up and running
11) The ‘Schedule Monitor’ page opens
12) Configure your website monitor’s settings
1. Timeout: Specify maximum length of time for an outage
2. Frequency: How often DMS should perform a check
3. Alert threshold:Maximum number of timeouts that are accepted before you want to be notified.
4. Alert emails: Enter email IDs of all individuals you want alerted
13) Click the Next button
14) The ‘Save Profile’ page opens
15) Provide an easy-to-remember name in the ‘Profile name’ field and review the settings (click if you need to make any changes)
16) Click the Save button
Your website’s monitor is now setup. If you need to make any changes to an existing monitor, follow the instructions provided in ‘How to: Change a Website Monitor Settings’.
Other articles related to website monitors are:
- Website Monitors – Introduction
- How to: Generate a Performance Chart
- How to: Generate Performance Data
- How to: Pause the Website Monitor
- How to: Delete a Website Monitor
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.