Resellers must have a Dropbox-issued Reseller ID for purchasing Dropbox subscriptions.
If you have purchased Dropbox previously from Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace (CMP), your Reseller ID will be automatically displayed at checkout.
If you have a reseller ID and are purchasing Dropbox from CMP for the first time you can go through the purchasing process on Ingram Micro’s CMP and enter your Reseller ID during checkout.
If you do not have a Reseller ID; you can acquire one while purchasing a Dropbox subscription from Ingram Micro’s Cloud Marketplace.
Following is a description of steps to follow, from service selection to checkout, with or without a Reseller ID:
1) In the IM Cloud Marketplace select Cloud Solutions > Communication & Collaboration > Dropbox
2) Select the desired Dropbox service plan
3) In addition to the features intrinsic to your selected Dropbox service plan, every service plan comes with 5 user licenses - by default. Use the + and - buttons to indicate how many licenses you require in addition to the default number of user licenses.
4) Click the Continue button
5) Review ‘My Cart’
Note: The ‘Grand Total’ here reflects the total cost of all licenses i.e. default 5 licenses + any additional licenses indicated in Step 3.
6) Click the Proceed to Check Out button
7) The ‘End Customer Account Information’ page opens
8) Select your customer from the list of drop down options under ‘Customer Account’
IMPORTANT! Resellers can ensure that Ingram Micro’s Dropbox account deployment instructions are received by your organization (and not the new Customer) by providing an email address that adheres to the following:
i) Belongs to YOUR domain and
ii) Is unique to Dropbox i.e. not already attached to a Dropbox for Business account
9) If you have a Reseller ID and need to record it on CMP scroll down to Step 15
If your Reseller ID is already recorded on CMP scroll down to Step 18
If you need a Dropbox Reseller ID, click on the ‘Click here to start your Dropbox Reseller Id Enrollment.’ link
10) The ‘Register for the Dropbox Reseller Partner Program’ page opens
11) Fill the form and tick the ‘I agree to Dropbox terms’ check box
12) Click the Register button
13) You will receive a unique Reseller ID
14) Copy the Dropbox Reseller ID and return to the IM Cloud Marketplace
15) Next to the ‘Dropbox Reseller ID’ field, click the Edit button
16) Enter or paste the Reseller ID in the field
17) A green check mark appears if the ID was entered correctly
18) Click the Continue button
19) Provide customer and payment details and click the Submit button after which you will receive a confirmation and status message
Dropbox will send a welcome email to the individual whose information was provided during purchase and assigned the role of Team Administrator.
For a comprehensive list of the all articles related to Dropbox, go to the Table of Contents.