Follow these steps in order to create a backup of your database on Dropmysite (DMS).
1) Log in to your Customer’s Control Panel (CCP)
2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
6) Click on the Add Database () button
7) The ‘+Add Database’ page opens
8) Enter your database connection details
1. Database Type: Select between - MySQL, PostgreSQL or MSSQL
2. Port: Port number appears automatically when you select a database type. The default port numbers are MySQL: 3306, PostgreSQL: 5432 and MS SQL: 1433.
3. Host name: If you do not know what this is, refer to the article, ‘IM Hosted Database – How to: Access Your Database’s Login Credentials; Username and Password’.
4. Database Name: If you do not know what this is refer to the article, ‘IM Hosted Database – How to: Access Your Database’s Login Credentials; Username and Password’.
5. Database Username: Enter the username of a user with read, write and execute access to your database. If there is no such user please create the user and then input it here.
6. Database User password: Enter the password for your Database account
9) Click the Next button
10) The system begins to test your access information
11) The ‘Schedule Backup’ page opens
12) The ‘Schedule Backup’ sub-page of the ‘Add Database’ page opens. The default settings for the next backup are:
Frequency: Once a day
Start time: 04:00AM Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)
Default Retention: Keep 7 of my latest backups
13) Make any required changes to your next scheduled backup
14) Click the Next button
15) The ‘Save Profile’ page opens
16) Enter a unique ‘Profile name’
Remember: The Profile name should be something that easily identifies the state of this backup so if you need to restore a backup in the future, you will know exactly which backup to restore out of the x number of backups you retained.
17) Review all the saved information
1. Click the [Change] link to make changes to any corresponding option
2. Tick the ‘Start a backup now’ option if you want to initiate a backup now
18) Click the Save button
19) You will receive live updates on the progress
20) The DMS Dashboard will be updated with the backups information in the ‘Databases’ section
Here is the complete list of articles related to database backups:
- IM Hosted Database – How to: .Access Your Database’s Login Credentials; Username and Password
- How to: Enable Remote Access to 184.108.40.206 for OSA, cPanel and Plesk Users
- How to: Initialize Database Backups
- How to: Edit Database Access Information
- How to: Change the Frequency of your Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Number of Retained Backups
- How to: Change the Timezone for your Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Timing of your Scheduled Backups
- How to: Download Database Backups
- How to: View and/or Delete Database Backup History
- How to: Restore your Database
- How to: Delete a Database from your DMS Account
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.