Note: If you have a website hosted with Ingram Micro (IM), the website access information will be automatically pulled into Dropmysite (DMS) and the profile will be seen under the ‘Dropmysite’ tab > ‘Websites’ section.
Websites hosted externally can be added manually, follow the steps
How to: Create a Website Profile on DMS Dashboard
2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
Note: If your website is IM hosted, the website’s profile will be automatically pulled into your database account.
6) Click the () Add Website button
7) The ‘Add Website’ page opens
8) Enter all the relevant information in the ‘Connection Details’ page
1. Protocol: Select a protocol from the list of drop down options (which you can see by clicking on the arrow () button): FTP, SFTP, RSYNC – Over SSH, RSYNC – Over SSH or RSYNC - Daemon Mode.
For most of hosting providers, FTP is the preferred mode.
2. Encryption: This only appears if FTP is selected in the ‘Protocol’ field. Select between: Use plain FTP; Require explicit FTP over TLS; Require explicit FTP over SSL or Require implicit FTP over TLS/SSL
All protocols, other than RSYNC – Daemon Mode, a ‘Public key authentication’ option is provided. Tick if required.
3. Port: The default port number will be automatically entered. If your port number is different from the default port number, please enter the port number.
|4. Hostname: Enter the hostname of your FTP account. If you do not know your hostname check the FTP settings of your website.
5. Username: Enter the username for your FTP account
6. Password: Enter the password for your FTP account
9) Click the Next button
10) The system will do a test connection
11) When the connection test passes, the website’s profile is added to the DMS Dashboard
You can add as many websites as you like to your DMS account. You are only limited by the amount of space that you purchased. If required, you can buy more storage space (refer to 'How to: Increase Storage Space’).
Other articles related to website backups are:
- How to: Edit Website Access Information
- How to: Initialize an Unscheduled Backup
- How to: Exclude Directories from your Backup
- How to: Exclude Specific Files and Folders from your Scheduled Backup
- How to: Change the Number of Retained Backups
- How to: Change the Timezone of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Frequency of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Timing of Scheduled Backups
- How to: View or Delete Backup History
- How to: View New Files in a Backup
- How to: View Modified Files in a Backup
- How to: Download a File from a Backup
- How to: Download Backups
- How to: Restore Website from a Backup File
- How to: Delete a Website Profile
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.