The general process to begin using IBM Connections services are:
- Purchase IBM Connections Cloud subscription from CMP
- Activate subscription
- Assign license to a user
- Assign IBM Connections Cloud base product to user
- Send myCP login credentials to user
- User logs into myCP and creates password to access IBM Connections portal
- User accesses IBM Connections portal to begin using assigned product(s)
This article describes the information and instructions to provide each IBM product user.
The Customer will need to send emails to users informing them that they can access their IBM product (and add-on).
IMPORTANT! The user’s first time login to IBM’s Connections portal must be through myCP.
The Customer will need to send an email to users and provide the following information to each user:
- myCP URL
- User’s login credentials for myCP (refer to ‘How to: Acquire a User’s Login Credentials to myCP’)
- Send instructions on creating a password on myCP to access IBM Connections Cloud Service Portal (refer to ‘How to: Create a Password for IBM Connections Cloud Service Portal’)
- Let users know that once the password is created first time login to IBM Connections Cloud Service Portal must be from myCP (refer to ‘First-time Login to IBM Connections Portal’)
How to: Acquire a User’s Login Credentials to myCP
2) Select the ‘Users’ tab
3) On the ‘Users’ page, click on the ‘Display name’ of the user whose myCP login credentials you want to see
4) The user’s information page opens
5) Copy and paste the login ID into your email
6) To get the user’s password, click on the Change Password button
7) Click the Generate button or enter a password
8) Click the Show option to reveal the password
9) Copy and paste the created or generated password into your email with the login ID
10) Click the Submit button to save the new password
How to: Create a Password for IBM Connections Portal
You can provide these instructions to your user so they can create a password to access IBM Connections Portal. Only first-time login to IBM Connections Portal must be from myCP. All subsequent visits can be directly from IBM login page.
The user should do the following:
1) Open myCP link
2) Enter log in credentials and click the Login button
3) myCP opens to the ‘User Account’ tab
4) Select the ‘IBM Connections Cloud’ tab
5) Click the Set Password button
6) The ‘Set IBM Connections Password’ page opens
7) Click the Generate button or the user can enter their own password
8) Click the Show button so the generated or created password can be seen
Note: The password should be remembered or recorded somewhere for direct login to IBM Connections Portal.
9) Click the Submit button
10) The user will receive a confirmation message and their password will be automatically synced with IBM Connections portal
First-time Login to IBM Connections Portal
1) Now from myCP > ‘IBM Connections Cloud’ tab, the user can click on Login
2) The IBM Connections web page will be launched
3) Enter the user ID and click the Continue button
4) Enter the password generated/created on myCP and click the Log In button
5) The user is now in the IBM Connections portal
For a comprehensive help on using the portal and applications refer to: https://apps.na.collabserv.com/help/index.jsp.