Once the Acronis Backup Agent has been successfully deployed, all the structure of mailboxes, folders, contacts, email content of the protected O365 tenant, etc. will be pulled into the Acronis Management Console.
It is recommended that a dedicated machine, with 24/7 uptime, is used so backups can be scheduled during off-hours.
1) Log in to your Customer’s Control Panel (CCP)
2) Click the Backup tab
3) On the ‘Backup’ page, click the Manage Backups button
4) When the Acronis O365 Management Console opens, select Devices > All devices
5) Select Microsoft Office 365, O365 Sign In becomes available
6) Enter administrative credentials for your O365 tenant and click the Sign In button
7) Sign in begins and it may take some time as Acronis tries to read: structure of mailboxes, folders, contacts, email content
8) When connection is successfully established, all the mailboxes under this tenant will be displayed
Note: By default, mailboxes are displayed as tiles (icons and all information are pulled from O365). Use the () or () buttons to toggle between tile and list viewing modes.
Fig. 9: 1. List view of all mailboxes 2. Click () to enable tile view of all mailboxes.
9) Click the Enable Backup button corresponding to the mailboxes you want to setup a backup schedule for
10) Configurable settings for a scheduled backup slides in where you can configure a backup’s schedule. The configurable settings let you define: where to store backups; backup day and time and frequency; and how long to retain backups before deleting
11) When the settings are configured, click the Apply button
12) If required, you can run a backup immediately by clicking the Run Now button
13) While the backup is being created you can view its progress
14) Once the backup is created, information about the backup will be displayed including when the next backup is scheduled
For detailed help on using the Acronis Management Console, click here.
Following is a comprehensive list of all articles related to Acronis Backup for O365:
- Acronis Backup for O365 – Starter Guide
- How to: Assign Acronis to Your O365 Administrator
- One-click Sign-in to Acronis Backup Management Console
- System Requirements for Running the Acronis Backup Agent
- How to: Setup Backup Schedule & Run Backups
- How to: Run a Backup Recovery
- Protecting Office 365 mailboxes