By default, all Autodesk Subscriptions have their Auto-Renew setting enabled. This means, that without any further action by you, when the Subscription Term End Date arrives, a new Subscription Term will commence and you will be billed for that term.
Subscriptions will perpetually Auto-Renew in this fashion until you decide to disable the Auto-Renew setting. To disable Autodesk’s Subscription Auto-Renew setting, you may use the Cancel Subscription function provided to you on the Reseller Control Panel. This article explains how to do that.
- When you use the Cancel Subscription function to disable Auto-Renew, the Subscription remains in service until the Subscription Term End Date. Your Customer continues to have access to the associated service until the Subscription Term End Date, and Autodesk does not refund any of the pre-paid Subscription fees.
- You must disable Auto-Renew (Cancel Subscription) at least 5 days prior to the Subscription Term End Date. Autodesk will deem that any requests to disable Auto-Renew received after that time are applicable to the next period after the current Auto-Renewal. Your Subscription will Auto-Renew within 5 days on its Subscription Term End Date, and you will be liable for the full amount of the new Subscription.
Example: You purchase a Subscription on 2016-January-1, so the Subscription Term End Date is one year later on 2016-December-31. If you disable Auto-Renew on:
o 2016-December-15, then your Subscription will not Auto-Renew on 2016-December-31
o 2016-December-28 (within 5 days of 2016-December-31), then your Subscription will Auto-Renew on 2016-December-31 for another year with a new Subscription Term End Date of 2017-December-31 and then will not Auto-Renew for another term thereafter.
- Autodesk will not permit you to revoke a request to disable Auto-Renew (Cancel Subscription). Once a Subscription is marked to terminate at the Subscription Term End Date, Autodesk does not provide a way to resume that Subscription.
If you need that same product for another term, you need to purchase a new Subscription for the same product.
You can disable auto-renew from either the Reseller Control Panel or the Customer Control Panel. Click on the link and follow the steps described under then this article.
NOTE: Before you begin to disable auto-renew, please remove licenses from end users in the Autodesk Portal first.
- Disabling Auto-Renew from the Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- Disabling Auto-Renew from the Customer Control Panel (CCP)
Disabling Auto-Renew from the Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- You can log into the Reseller Control Panel directly using the URL in your welcome email
Log in to the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace,
and then click on Control Panel
and you will see the Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- Select Billing from the top menu bar
- From the left menu bar, select Operations > Customers
- Select the customer for whom you want to disable auto-renew for
- Click on the ‘Subscriptions’ tab
- On the ‘Subscriptions’ page, select ‘Autodesk’, the service plan’s page opens
- On the Autodesk service plan’s page, click the Cancel Subscription button
The Autodesk subscription will be marked as cancelled in the Reseller Control Panel right away however, please allow 3-5 days for Autodesk to update their systems.
Disabling Auto-Renew from the Customer Control Panel
- Log in to the Customer Control Panel (CCP)
- Under ‘Subscription’, ensure the Autodesk subscription is selected
- Select the ‘Autodesk’ tab or ‘Manage’ link under Autodesk section in the ‘Home’ tab
- On the ‘Account’ page, select ‘Subscription Management’ > ‘Autodesk’ subscription under ‘Subscription Name’
- On the ‘Autodesk’ page, you can see that the auto-renew is turned ‘On’
- Click the Turn Off Auto-Renewal buttons
Once you turn off auto-renew the Autodesk subscription is considered as cancelled. In order to provide your customer with the same product, it will have to be purchased from the Cloud Marketplace again.
Following is a comprehensive list of all articles related to Autodesk:
- Autodesk - Starter Guide
- How to: Purchase Autodesk from IM Cloud Marketplace
- How to: Check Autodesk’s Provisioning Status on your Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- Important! How to: Order New Subscriptions from your Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
- How to: Add or Remove Seats to an existing Subscription using your Customer Control Panel (CCP)
- How to: Download Autodesk software from the Autodesk Account Management Portal
- Helpdesk Information: Whom Should I Contact?
- Autodesk - FAQs
- Important Considerations