With Acronis Backup as a Service (BaaS), Ingram Micro resellers can provide backup and disaster recovery services to their end customers. With Acronis BaaS, files, disks and partitions can be backed up locally or to Acronis’ secure data centers, and quickly and easily recovered in the event of a data loss.
This article provides step-by-step instructions for creating a backup account with an Acronis subscription. It assumes an Acronis subscription has already been purchased through the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace; see this article for step-by-step purchase instructions.
1) Log in to the Customer Control Panel for the customer who owns the subscription.
2) Select the Acronis subscription from the drop-down menu at the top, right-hand side of the page.
3) Navigate to the Users tab and check whether a service user already exists for the Acronis administrator (this could be the case if they are using other Ingram Micro Cloud services). If the Acronis administrator already has a service user in the Customer Control Panel, you can skip step to step 7.
4) To create a new service user for the Acronis administrator, click Add New Service User.
5) Enter login credentials, and then click Next.
6) Confirm the details you entered are correct, and click Finish.
Your new service user will now appear in the list on the Users tab.
7) Navigate to the Backup Service tab and click Add New Backup Account.
8) Select the service user from the drop-down menu and configure the service as required for the user, then click Finish.
The new backup account will appear in the list. The status indicator will display as Loading for a few moments before the ready indicator () appears.
9) Provide the access credentials to the Acronis administrator so they can log in to the Customer Control Panel to use the Acronis BaaS subscription.
A new Acronis Backup account has now been created. The next step in managing backup services is to download and install the client.