Follow the steps below if you need to update your website access information.
2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
6) Click on the edit connection () button corresponding to the website’s profile name that you want to edit
7) The ‘Edit Website - <website profile name>’
8) Make the required changes
1. Protocol: Select a protocol from the list of drop down options (which you can see by clicking on the arrow () button): FTP, SFTP, RSYNC – Over SSH, RSYNC – Over SSH or RSYNC - Daemon Mode.
For most of hosting providers, FTP is the preferred mode.
2. Encryption: This only appears if FTP is selected in the ‘Protocol’ field. Select between: Use plain FTP; Require explicit FTP over TLS; Require explicit FTP over SSL or Require implicit FTP over TLS/SSL
All protocols, other than RSYNC – Daemon Mode, a ‘Public key authentication’ option is provided. Tick if required.
3. Port: The default port number will be automatically entered. If your port number is different from the default port number, please enter the port number.
4. Host name: Enter the hostname of your FTP account. If you do not know your hostname check the FTP settings of your website.
5. User name: Enter the username for your FTP account
6. Password: Enter the password for your FTP account
9) Click the Next button
10) DMS will re-establish connection with the modified website information
11) (optional) You can make schedule changes
12) Review all the changes you made
13) Click the Save button
Other articles related to website backups are:
- Creating Website Profiles on DMS
- How to: Initialize an Unscheduled Backup
- How to: Exclude Directories from your Backup
- How to: Exclude Specific Files and Folders from your Scheduled Backup
- How to: Change the Number of Retained Backups
- How to: Change the Timezone of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Frequency of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Timing of Scheduled Backups
- How to: View or Delete Backup History
- How to: View New Files in a Backup
- How to: View Modified Files in a Backup
- How to: Download a File from a Backup
- How to: Download Backups
- How to: Restore Website from a Backup File
- How to: Delete a Website Profile
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.