You can change the settings for a scheduled backup such as time of your backup, the time zone, the frequency of the backup and the directories you want to backup.
2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
6) Click on the Edit Schedule () button in the ‘Websites’ section
7) The ‘Schedule Backup’ page opens
8) In the ‘Exclusions’ section, click in the field and enter the names of the files or folders you want to have excluded from your backup such as your ‘Temp’ folder
9) Press Enter, the newly entered file or folder is added to the ‘Exclusions:’ field
IMPORTANT: If you notice a file or folder has been excluded from a backup and it is not listed in the ‘Exclusions’ field, check the file’s permissions. After setting the correct permissions for that file or folder, you can initialize a backup (refer to ‘How to: Initialize an Unscheduled Backup’) to ensure a backup of that file or folder.
10) Click the Next button
11) A summary of the changes you made will be displayed
12) Click the Save button
13) You will receive a confirmation message
Here is the complete list of articles related to changing the settings for scheduled backups of your website:
- How to: Exclude Directories from your Backup
- How to: Change the Number of Retained Backups
- How to: Change the Timezone of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Frequency of Scheduled Backups
- How to: Change the Timing of Scheduled Backups
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.