Ingram Micro Cloud resellers can order Office 365 subscriptions for their customers through the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace.
This article provides step-by-step instructions for placing an order for an end customer’s first Office 365 subscription(s) on a new tenant. The Marketplace is used to order your customers’ first Office 365 subscriptions; for instructions on ordering additional subscriptions for existing Office 365 customers, see this article.
These instructions are for the simplest case of ordering Office 365 without SkyKick AutoDiscovery or Mail Migration. For help ordering Office 365 with SkyKick services, please use the contact information at the top of the Marketplace page to contact Cloud Ignite. Note that SkyKick Mail Migration must be added at time of purchase; it cannot be added after a customer’s Office 365 account has already been set up.
1) Log in to the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace.
2) Navigate to the Office 365 tab. By default, this tab is displayed upon login.
3) Click Select next to the required Office 365 plan. If your customer requires migration services or source server discovery, you can select the corresponding plan here in the Marketplace.
Note: This example shows how to order Office 365 subscriptions alone; for help with migration or email discovery services, contact Cloud Ignite using the details at the top of the Marketplace page.
4) Select the number of seats required for each plan type. For more information on each plan, click Show/Hide Plan Comparison near the top of the page.
5) Click Continue at the bottom of the page after entering all required seats.
6) Select the Customer Account from the drop-down menu. If this is a new customer who is not in the drop-down list, select New User and enter the customer’s details.
Note: Ensure the Customer Account information is typed correctly. Microsoft verifies address information according to strict rules and rejects any orders with invalid Customer Account information.
7) Enter your Microsoft Partner Network ID (MPNID) to link it to your Partner of Record on this account. The MPNID allows you to accrue competency and financial benefits as described in Microsoft’s policies, and it also acts as proof that you have accepted Microsoft’s Cloud Reseller Agreement.
If you do not have an MPNID, we strongly encourage you to visit http://partners.microsoft.com to enroll. Although it is not required to place an order at this time, it will become a strict requirement for all Office 365 orders in the future.
8) Enter the Office 365 tenant domain.
Note: It is essential to enter the correct tenant domain, as it cannot be changed after your order has been provisioned. The subscriptions and tenant are provisioned immediately when you place this order, and carry the standard 1-year commitment, so it is essential to enter the correct tenant domain.
10) Select your payment method and check the order details. Be sure to confirm that the tenant domain has been entered correctly.
11) Read the terms and conditions and agreements, check the agreement box, and then click Place Order.
The order is now complete. You will see the message below, and you will also receive a confirmation email. If your customer’s account contains their email address, they will also receive a notification email at this time.
The Office 365 subscription is typically provisioned within 4 hours, sometimes in minutes. After provisioning is complete, the subscription details will be available to view in the Customer Control Panel.
The next step after the subscriptions have been provisioned is to assign the licenses to your customer’s end users. Please see this article for information on creating end users in Office 365 and assigning licenses to them.