How to: Generate a New COGs Report
1) Open the Custom Reports tab, (refer to ‘COGs Reporting – Introduction’ to see how to access the Custom Reports tab)
2) Click on the Add New report button (refer to Fig. 1), the ‘Add New Report’ page opens
3) Select the period for which your COGs report should cover from the list of drop down options under ‘List of Reports’ (highlighted in Fig. 2), your options are: ‘Month to Date’; ‘Previous Week’; ‘Previous Day’ or ‘Fixed Dates’
Note: If you select the ‘Fixed Dates’ option, you will have to provide Start and End Dates.
4) Enter a unique description against the ‘Description’ field so that it is easy for you to find and identify the report at a later point in time
5) ‘Available Columns:’ and ‘Selected Columns’ appears once you make a selection from ‘List of Reports’ (refer to Fig. 2)
6) Under ‘Available Columns’, select all the information you want to see reflected in the buying report by clicking on the column labels, such as: Reseller ID, Detail Type, Description, etc.
7) Press on the >> button, the selected labels will be moved to the ‘Selected Columns’. To remove a label from your report, select a label under ‘Selected Columns’ and click on the << button (refer to Fig. 3)
Tip! To select multiple column headings press Ctrl while selecting multiple categories or Shift to select many adjacent categories.
If you want to receive an email notifying you when the report is ready, steps 6 – 8 are optional.
7) (optional) Check ‘Send notification to finish execute report’ and enter your email ID to receive a notification when the report has been successfully generated
8) (optional) Click the Add button
Note: Repeat steps 7 and 8 for every email ID you want to include.
9) (optional) To remove any email IDs, under the ‘Delete’ column, check the box corresponding to the email ID you want to delete and click on the Delete button (refer to Fig.4)
10) (optional) Check the ‘Send report Zip’ if you want the report emailed to you along with the notification that your report is ready
11) Click the Create button, you will be notified almost immediately that the report is ready
Note: An email will take a little longer as the report needs to be zipped before it is sent.