You should customize the branding and wording on your notification templates before you place any customer orders. Until you customize your emails, they will be sent with the default Ingram Micro logo and text. Follow the steps below to customize your notification emails.
1) Log in to your Reseller Control Panel. Switch to Classic Panel.
2) Click the Billing link at the top, right-hand side of the page. If the link says Operations, skip to the next step.
3) Click on the System > Settings menu.
4) Under System, click Notifications.
5) Under Notifications, click Notification Templates to view the emails that your customers are currently receiving.
6) Locate the template you wish to view and edit. Templates can be found either by looking through the list or using the search field. Usually the first templates to be updated are called “Welcome” emails, so you can easily locate them by searching for the term welcome.
7) Once you find the template you wish to change, click on its template name to view it. You can view and edit both the HTML and Plain Text versions of the notice.
8) Click on the HTML or the Plain Text tab (in this example, we look at the HTML tab).
9) Scroll down the page past the text of the message. Press the “Preview” button to see what the notice looks like.
10) If you want to make any changes, click Edit.
By default, notification emails will be sent to your customers with the Ingram Micro logo. You can add your own company logos using the Reseller Control Panel.
11) Go back to the System > Settings > Notifications menu (see steps 2, 3 and 4), and then click on Common Notification Settings.
- You will see a list of all of the common settings for your notifications. If you have not customized these yet, the logo and URLs to Customer Control Panel and website will be set to the Ingram Micro defaults.
12) Click Edit at the bottom of the page to change your control panel, website and logo.
13) Enter the correct details and click Save at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: You need to upload the logo file to your site so that the template can pull the image from it. See the next section of this guide for more information on how to do so.
14) Once you click Save, you will see the settings updated with your changes made.
You should preview your notification email templates again to see how your changes affect the templates.
Uploading Your Logo for Welcome Emails
As mentioned above, you should ensure that you upload the image file to your FTP server and place it in \webspace\httpsdocs\yourdomainname.com. Follow these instructions to complete this task.
1) Locate your FTP server details by clicking on the My Subscriptions link at the top right-hand side of the Reseller Control Panel.
2) Navigate to the Websites tab and click your domain name listed.
3) Click FTP Access.
On the FTP screen, you will be able to see your FTP login and password.
To change your FTP login name and password click Edit at the bottom of the page.
4) Use an FTP client to connect with your server and upload your logo to the \webspace\httpsdocs\yourdomainname.com folder.
Uploading your logo file completes the process of configuring your common notification settings. You may also edit the welcome emails for individual solutions if required.
Note: Welcome emails automatically include login credentials for the Customer Control Panel, which give your customers full access. If you prefer your customers not to access billing information or ordering, you will need to set up an admin user to allow your customer to log in and use their service.