Monthly Office 365 subscriptions can be cancelled in the Reseller Control Panel. This article contains instructions for cancelling an Office 365 subscription.
Note: Annual pre-paid subscriptions cannot be cancelled when the subscription’s renewal date comes around. Customer subscriptions can be cancelled through the Customer Control Panel or the Re-seller Control Panel.
Make sure that none of the licenses in the subscription are assigned to user profiles in the customer-level admin portal. See this link for help on changing license assignment.
1) Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
2) Click on the Customers tab at the left side menu.
3) Here you will see the list of subscriptions for your customers.
4) Type office 365 in the search box and hit enter.
5) You will see all the available Office 365 subscriptions of your customers. Click on the subscription name you want to make the changes.
6) Click on the Ellipsis (three dots) at the top right corner and then Cancel Subscription option.
7) Choose your reason for cancellation and click on the CONFIRM button.
8) As you place the Cancellation order, subscription gets cancelled.
Log in to (portal.office.com) to remove the assigned licenses before trying again. It may take a few minutes for license changes to be updated; if you receive the same error again, wait a few minutes and then retry or call the Cloud-ignite Service Desk for help.
After following the above steps, you have submitted the cancellation order. The order now needs to be processed: go into your customer’s Orders tab, click on the cancellation order and click Open Order.