Monthly Office 365 subscriptions can be cancelled in the Reseller Control Panel. This article contains instructions for cancelling an Office 365 subscription.
Note: Annual pre-paid subscriptions cannot be cancelled when the subscription’s renewal date comes around. Customer subscriptions can be cancelled through the Customer Control Panel or the Re-seller Control Panel.
1) Make sure that none of the licenses in the subscription are assigned to user profiles in the customer-level admin portal. See this link for help on changing license assignment.
2) Login to your Re-seller Control Panel switch to Classic Panel.
3) Click on Billing at the top,right-hand side of the page. If the link says Operations, you can skip to the next step.
4) Click Customers in the left-hand-side-menu, and search for your customer’s account using any of the search fields.
5) Click on the customer’s name to open their account page.
6) Navigate to the Subscriptions tab and click-on the name of the subscription that needs to be cancelled.
7) Click Cancel Subscription.
8) Select the cancellation options and enter a comment, and then click Next.
9) Confirm the details on the cancellation order, and click Place Order.
If you see the error below, there are still licenses on that subscription that are assigned to users in the portal.
Log in to (portal.office.com)to remove the assigned licenses before trying again. It may take a few minutesfor license changes to be updated; if you receive the same error again, wait a few minutes and then retry or call the Cloud-ignite Service Desk for help.
After following the above steps, you have submitted the cancellation order. The order now needs to be processed: go into your customer’s Orders tab, click on the cancellation order and click Open Order.See this article for more information on this step.