In order to successfully attach a user to a Customer’s Trend Micro Cloud App Security (TMCAS) license, the user should be a Global Administrator.
This article describes how to assign Global Administrator rights to a user from the Microsoft Portal.
How to: Assign Global Administrator Rights to a User
1) Log in to Microsoft Office portal (click this link)
Note: If you lost your Microsoft Office portal access credentials, you can follow this link to learn where to go to retrieve them.
2) The Office portal ‘Home’ page opens
3) Click the Admin button
4) The ‘Office 365 admin center’ page opens
5) From the list of menu options on the left side of the page, select ‘Users’
6) ‘Users’ expands to show ‘Active Users’, ‘Deleted Users’ and ‘Partner Relationships’
7) Select ‘Active Users’
8) ‘Active Users’ page opens on the Dashboard
9) Tick the checkbox corresponding to the user you want to assign Global Administrator rights to
10) The selected user’s name and different settings that can be changed for that user appears on the right side of the page
11) Click on the ‘Edit User Roles’ option
12) The ‘Edit user roles’ opens
13) Select the ‘Global administrator’ option
14) Click the Save button
15) You will receive a confirmation message that the user’s role has been updated
Now you may proceed to assign the TMCAS license to this user.
You may also want to know how to do one or more of the following:
- Trend Micro Cloud App Security – Starter Guide
- Opening and Understanding the TMCAS Tab in CCP
- How to: Add/Remove Service Users
- How to: Add Resources
- How to: Use the TMCAS Portal