Once you have identified a new Customer based on the ‘Invoice Cloud Store’ notification, you will need to manually add the tax charge, on the purchased amount total, to the new Customer’s account. In order to do this you will need to complete the following:
- i)Acquire the total amount for the new Customer’s purchase order
- ii)Create a manualcharge reflecting the total taxable amount
Acquire the ‘Total’ Amount
- Log into your reseller control panel. Switch to Classic Panel.
- Switch to Billing Mode
- From the left-side menu click onOperations > Customers
- Use the search feature to find the Customer you need to tax by entering the name in the ‘Account Name’ and press the Search() button
- On the ‘<account number account name>’ page, select the ‘Documents’ tab
- Click on ‘Invoice’ (since this is a new Customer there should only be one invoice and one payment document)
- On the ‘Document <number>’ page, make note of the ‘Total’. In this case it is $9.95.
The ‘invoice’ document details the total amount billed (‘Total’) and also shows separately the tax charges (‘Tax Total’). When $0.00 is the ‘Tax Total’ this means there were no tax charges included.
Using the ‘Total’ you can determine how much tax to charge the new Customer and bill accordingly.
- Return to the ‘<account number account name>’page, by clicking on the ‘<account number account name>’link in the breadcrumb at the top of the page
Create a Manual Charge
- On the ‘<account number account name>’page, press theAdd New Debit Memo button
- In the ‘Description’ field, enter a description for the charge that you are adding to the account and then press theNextbutton
- Click theAdd Detailbutton
- On the ‘Add New Detail’ page, enter the form and then press theAdd Detailbutton
1) Description: Enter a description for the charge
2) Service Quantity: Set to 1
3) Unit of Measure: Set to “unit”
4) Unit Price: Enter the taxable amount, this is calculated based on the formula -
Taxable Amount = Total * Applicable Tax Percentage
In our example, the total was $9.95; let us assume the applicable tax percentage is 5%. Based on the above formula, Taxable Amount = $9.95 * 0.05 i.e. $0.4975 (rounded up that is, $0.50).
- On the ‘<account number account name>’page, you will receive a confirmation message that the tax detail has been added
13. Click theAdd Memobutton to create the tax charge
Change the Status on the Newly Created Charge
Initially any manually added charges have a “Hold” status. This is so if required the charge can be reviewed and if required can be edited or removed. Following steps describe how to change the status from ‘Hold’ to ‘Open’.
- Click on the “Debit Memo” link corresponding to the new tax charge
- On the ‘Document <number>’ page, review the charge details and if any changes are required, press theEditbutton. If the charge details are correct press the Release button.
Note: Once the document is released; it cannot be edited or deleted.
- You will receive confirmation that the document has been released and the status changes from ‘Hold’ to ‘Open’ making this now a live document that your Customer will need to pay
Now your Customer’s first order has been successfully taxed.