Setting your Own Prices
If you're offering your customers the possibility of managing their own subscriptions through their Customer Control Panel and allowing them to be able to place orders you will likely want to ensure that any pricing they see conforms to the price they should be expecting. Following these steps will help you with this.
- We're beginning this walk-through already logged into the Marketplace (https://us.cloud.im). Remember to log into the Marketplace we’re using our existing ingrammicro.com credentials. From the Marketplace we’ll need to access our Reseller Control panel. To do that we’ll click on the “Control Panel” link at the top of the site.
- Once you’re in the Control Panel you’ll need to click on the “Classic Panel” link at the top of the site.
- We'll need to switch over to the BILLING side of the control panel in order to manage the pricing settings.
- Now that we're in the Billing side of our control panel we need to access the service plans and their pricing. To do that we need to click on the “Service Plans” link under the “Products” section on the left-hand side of the site.
- Initially we'll see all of the plans that are delegated to our account. There's quite a few of them. We have the ability to set the pricing for all of them though. If there are certain plans that you want to quickly locate you can always use the search tools. For our example we'll be taking control of the pricing of the “Exchange Online Kiosk (monthly pre-pad)” plan. To locate all of these types plans we'll use the search tool and look for plans with “Exchange Online Kiosk” in their name. Next, we'll select the plan that we want to set the price for by clicking on its name.
- Right away we see a notice that the current plan is delegated to us.
This message just means that the current settings and pricing are inherited from the system. All we need to do is take ownership of the plan and then we'll be able to make the changes we need. We'll do that by pressing the "Manage by Myself" button at the bottom of the page.
- We'll receive a warning about this action to alert us that at this point forward we're responsible for the pricing and settings for this plan. We'll just click the "OK" button to acknowledge this change in responsibility.
- Now we're seeing the list of Exchange Online Kiosk plans again. This time there is a “Operation Successful” notice indicating that we successfully took control of this services plan. Click on the plan name again.
This time we do not see the alert about this being a delegated plan. At this point we have the control to make changing to the prices.
- There are two places within each service plan that we have the ability to set pricing; both are related to “Resource Rates”. Click on the “Resource Rates” tab to begin.
- Under the “Resource Rates” tab you will want to press the “Mass Edit” button.
- Then locate the resources that need a price change. In our case we want to change the monthly price for each Exchange Online Kiosk license. Initially the customer facing price for these licenses is $2.00
We will change that price to $1.95, place a check in the checkbox for this resource, and then press the “Save Changes” button.
- The first change is now complete. Next, click on the name of the resource you changed the price for. In our example that’s the “Exchange Online Kiosk” resource that’s now $1.95.
- The details for the resource rate are displayed. Switch to the “Resources Rate Periods” tab.
- Press the “Mass Edit” button.
- Change the price to match the price you set in the previous steps. Place a check in the checkbox and press the “Save Changes” button.
- The pricing for the resource rate period is now updated.
That's all there is to taking control of your prices. Note that this is not how you would set individual prices for each of your customers. That is something that can be done but it needs to be done in conjunction with setting up discounts. One last important point to be clear of is that this price that we just set ONLY shows up in the Customer Control Panel. It is a customer facing price. This price is not shown in your Reseller control panel.