The API Key is a set of credentials that allow IMCO operations such as: retrieve a Template; create Firewalls; create SSH profiles; etc. to be performed, through programming, on behalf of the User to which the API Key belongs.
This article describes how to generate the API Key:
- Login to IMCO Portal (if you are a First User click here for instructions; other Users can click here)
- Select SETTINGS > User Detailsfrom the left-side menu options
- On the ‘User Details’ page, scroll down to the API Key section
- Click on the Create and download a new API Key button
- A zip file is immediately downloaded to your machine and the User receives an email notification that an API Key has been generated
Each api-key.zip contains the following files:
If you ever need to generate a new API Key then the older one must be deleted first (refer to ‘How to: Destroy an API Key’ for step-by-step instructions).