Follow the instructions below to enable Ingram Micro as the CSP partner on a customer’s O365 tenant.
Enabling Ingram Micro as the CSP Partner on the Customer Tenant (through Cloud Marketplace)
Enable Ingram Micro as the CSP partner on the Customer’s tenant. This step is built into the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace. Follow the instructions below to complete in the Marketplace.
- Log in to the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace and navigate to the Cloud Enablement Services tab and select the Microsoft – Convert to CSP sub-tab.
- Click Get Started to add Ingram Micro as Distributor of Record to Your CSP Tenant.
Note: Since no one has logged into the Cloud Marketplace, hence it is showing ‘Log in to get started’. Once a re-seller logs in with their credentials it will show ‘Get Started’.
- Click Send Authorization Request.
- Clicking ‘Send Email’ button prompts an email to be sent to a Global Administrator of the Microsoft Customer Tenant. The email will instruct the Global Administrator to follow prompts to authorize Ingram Micro as the CSP partner.
- The reseller will decide who the email should be sent to, and complete the TO: field
- The reseller has the option to CC: themselves, or someone else.
- The email text is NOT modifiable. The email is sent from DoNotReply@IngramMicro.com.
- The links will be specific to each country marketplace. Not all three will be displayed
- Click OK on the confirmation message displayed.
Customer instructions for accepting the CSP invitation
1) The customer clicks on the link in the invitation URL and is prompted to sign in to the tenant.
Note: The person accepting the invitation must have the global admin role permissions on the tenant.
2) The customer reviews the CSP invitation details and selects the Yes checkbox, and then clicks Authorize CSP to accept.
3) After the customer accepts the CSP invitation, Ingram Micro will appear within the customer’s admin portal in the list of delegated admins. Resellers must be able to answer questions about this from their customers.
NOTE: If the customer already has a CSP Partner, they will see the error below and will not be able to accept the CSP invitation. Currently a customer can have only one CSP Partner.