You must create an Acronis Backup Account for all Users. This article assumes you have already purchased atleast one Acronis subscription (PAYG, Capped Storage or Microsoft Office 365.
IMPORTANT! After creating the User’s Acronis Backup Account, the User MUST be “activated” (refer to ‘How to: Activate Users’ for detailed instructions). Activation is required in order to create credentials for downloading and installing the Acronis Agent.
The general steps for creating a new Acronis Backup Account for Users are:
ii)Configure backup settingsand;
Assign Acronis to a Newly Created User
2) Select ‘Users’ from the left-side menu options
3) On the ‘Users’ landing page, you will find all Users listed here (if no Users have been created, this page will only list the Customer)
4) Click the Add New Users button
5) On the ‘Add New Users’ page enter: first name; last name; email ID and role. If a new user is assigned the role of ‘Admin’ then, more contact information is required for Admin users such as address and phone number.
6) Scroll down to the ‘ASSIGN SERVICES TO NEW USERS’ section and ensure ‘Backup’ is selected by ticking the corresponding checkbox (if there are multiple Acronis subscriptions these will be listed as well so you can assign the User to the correct Acronis subscription)
7) Click the Next button.
8) Configure ‘Acronis Backup Settings’ for the User (click for detailed steps)
Assign Acronis to an Existing User
2) Select ‘Backup’ from the left-side menu options (if you have multiple Acronis subscriptions, identify the subscription by its subscription number)
3) On the ‘Backup’ page, scroll down to the ‘Backup Users’ section
4) Corresponding to the User for whom you want to assign the Acronis service to, select ACTIONS > Assign Service
5) Configure ‘Acronis Backup Settings’ for the User
Configure Acronis Backup Settings for the User
Note: This part of the article is a continuation from either assigning an Acronis service to a new or existing User.
1) Under the ‘BACKUP USER SETTINGS’ you can configure the following:
1) Indicate whether the User should receive notifications and if so, the kind of backup notifications: (i) no notifications ii) only notified when an error occurs iii) send both errors and warnings or iv) all notifications.
2) Select whether the User should receive notifications when usage nears excess levels (select between ‘Enabled’ or ‘Disabled’).
3) Select whether to allow the User to manage backups for other Users (select between ‘Enabled’ or ‘Disabled’).
Configure User’s Acronis Backup Quota
1) Configure Cloud Backup space for: storage, servers, VMs, workstations and mobile devices. You can tick the ‘Unlimited’ option or untick the ‘Unlimited’ option to enter a GB limit or use the and buttons to increase and decrease the number of GBs.
2) Click the OK button
The new Acronis Backup account has now been created.
IMPORTANT! After creating the User’s Acronis Backup Account, the User MUST be “activated” (refer to ‘How to: Activate Users’ for detailed instructions). Activation is required in order to create credentials for downloading and installing the Acronis Agent