Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) is an internet security suite developed by Kaspersky Lab compatible with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. KIS offers protection from malware, as well as email spam, phishing and hacking attempts, and data leaks. For a complete reference to Kaspersky knowledgebase click here
The Starter guide deals with the following topics:
- Service Management
- Viewing the Subscription Details
- Managing the Number of Devices
- Downloading Kaspersky Security Solutions for Business
- Deleting Products
- Purchasing Additional Products
- Cancelling the Subscription
After subscribing to a Kaspersky Security service, and once the subscription is provisioned, you will be able to access the Customer Control Panel to manage your subscription. In the CCP you will be able to see the activation code for each of the Kaspersky products purchased in the subscription, upgrade or downgrade resources, cancel the subscription, etc.
Note: Bear in mind that users, devices and security policies must be managed at cloud.kaspersky.com or through the Kaspersky management console, depending on your Kaspersky solution. Please contact Kaspersky if you need further information.
Viewing the Subscription Details
When first accessing the Customer Control Panel you will see general information about your subscriptions, invoices and service users.
To obtain detailed information about your subscription, go to Account > Subscriptions and select the subscription that you need to obtain information about. This will display detailed information, such as the expiry day, the billing dates, the subscription ID, the auto renewal status, etc. From here you will be able to renew your subscription, cancel it, or upgrade/downgrade resources.
To see information about the Kaspersky Security solutions for Business in the subscription, click the corresponding Kaspersky Security tile or click the Kaspersky tab on the left menu. As you can see in the image below, for each Kaspersky product you will be able to see the corresponding activation code and the number of devices available.
Managing the Number of Device
You can upgrade or downgrade the number of devices available for the Kaspersky products. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Kaspersky tab and click the Actions button corresponding to the Kaspersky solution for which you want to upgrade or downgrade the number of devices.
- Click Manage number of devices.
- Click + / - to select a higher or lower number of devices. Alternatively, you can just type the desired number in the text box. Click Ok.
Downloading Kaspersky Security Solutions for Business
To download the Kaspersky solutions in your subscription follow these steps:
- Click the Kaspersky tab in the left menu.
- Click the Actions button corresponding to the Kaspersky solution that you wish to download, and then click Download App.
This will take you to a web page on Kaspersky’s website where you will be able to download Kaspersky solutions.
You can delete Kaspersky products from the Kaspersky tab by clicking Actions > Delete Product and following the instructions displayed.
Purchasing Additional Products
You can purchase additional Kaspersky products from the Kaspersky tab. You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to the Kaspersky tab and click Buy More Products.
- Select the product to purchase, the subscription period and click Next.
- Enter the desired number of devices and click Finish.
You can cancel Kaspersky subscriptions from the Account tab by following the steps below:
- Click the Account tab and then click Subscriptions. Click the subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm if you really want to cancel the subscription, specify the reason for the cancellation and put your comment. Click Proceed to cancel the subscription.