ActiveSync allows you to connect with Exchange using your Windows 7 or 8 mobile device. In most cases, you can configure ActiveSync just by entering your email and password and your device will perform the rest of the configuration automatically. If your device is unable to configure your mailbox access automatically, follow the instructions in section b) to configure it manually.
Note: Only Exchange mailboxes can be connected using ActiveSync. You can check whether your mailbox is compatible in the Exchange tab of your Control Panel. Click on the name of the user and check the Mailbox Access options:
If ActiveSync is not available for your mailbox, you can connect using IMAP4 or POP3.
1) Automatic set-up:
1) Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet, either through Wi-Fi or through your service provider’s data connection.
2) To set up a new email account, select Settings and then email + accounts.
3) Select the option to add an account, and then select Outlook.
4) Enter your full email address and the password you use to access your email account, then tap Sign-in.
5) Windows Phone 8 will then attempt to determine the correct settings to use automatically. If it is not able to do so, you will be prompted to fill in the rest of the information manually – see section below for more details.
- b)Manual configuration:
1) Complete your username user and password.
2) Also complete the Domain field with the domain name provided in your control panel.
Then click Sign In.
3) If the connection has been successful, you will be taken to your Inbox.
4) If the wizard is not able to determine any settings at all, you may see the following message: "We could not find your settings. To go back and check your info, tap Try Again. If you are sure your info is correct, tap Advanced to type your server settings."
5) Tap on Advanced and enter the same settings manually: enter your username and domain. You may also be prompted to enter the server address details: server name exchange.na.cloud.im and account name firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) If the Exchange server you are connecting to uses a self-signed or non-root trusted, certificate, you will be warned that the device is not able to verify its authenticity.
7) Tap Continue to complete setting up the email account.
Now that you have configured your Windows device to connect your exchange account mailbox using ActiveSync, you will be able to access your mailbox and other exchange information using the device.