SSL certificates allow a secure connection between your web server and a browser. The instructions below explain the three steps involved in purchasing and installing an SSL certificate.
Step 1: Generate and download the certificate signing request and private key signing request
1) Log in to your customer’s Control Panel (see this article for instructions).
2) Navigate to the Account tab.
3) Click on Account Settings.
4) Click on More Tools.
5) Click on SSL Certificates.
6) Click on Create Certificate Signing Request.
7) Type you domain in the format www.example.com in the Common name field, and click Next >>.
8) Click both Download links to download the certificate signing request and private key signing request.
Now that you have downloaded the certificate signing request and the private key signing request, you have to submit them to the Certificate Authority to be issued with an SSL certificate.
Step 2: Order SSL Certificate
1) Navigate to the home tab and click on Buy more services.
2) Select SSL certificate, then choose the type of SSL certificate you would like to purchase.
3) In the Certificate Request (CSR) field, enter the signed request that you downloaded in step 1. To do this, open the file using a text editor and copy and paste all of the text.
4) Read the Ingram Micro Cloud Services General Terms of Service and select the checkbox indicating that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
5) Confirm the details of the SSL certificate order and click Place Order.
6) If you receive a confirmation email, follow the instructions to validate your order. Then your certificate will be emailed to you.
Step 3: Install the SSL Certificate
After you have received the SSL certificate, follow the instructions below to install it on your domain.
1) Make sure the correct subscription is selected in the drop-down menu on the top, right-hand side of the page.
2) Navigate to the Websites tab.
3) Click on your domain.
4) Click on Web hosting settings.
5) Select the SSL tab and click Install Certificate.
6) Select Install from Clipboard and copy and paste the certificate and private key into the appropriate fields.
7) Check the certificate information and click Finish.
You have now completed the steps to purchase, download and install an SSL certificate to your website.