Creating and Managing Users
This guide will help you to create additional user accounts to manage your server. Apart from using the default administrator account we provide to log into your server, you can create temporary user accounts which have permission to login and manage the server. You can even provide the user permission to make changes inside the server by adding the user to specific groups such as an administrator group.
Here are the steps to add a user:
1) Login to your server through Remote Desktop. See this article for instructions.
2) Open the server management tool by navigating to Server Manager at bottom left.
3) Tools>>Computer Management
4) Under system Tools, you will find Computer Management, open it and look for Local Users and Groups
5) Right-click on the Users folder and select the New User… option.
6) Fill in the New User form.
- User name : The user name the user will login with.
- Full name : The user's full name.
- Description : Usually the user's role on the server. This field is optional.
- Password and Confirm Password: Password for the user. Make sure to make the password at least 8 characters long and including special characters, upper- and lower-case letters, and numbers.
Click the Create button to add the user.
You have now created a new login user.
To add a user to a group, follow the steps below:
1) Click on the Groups folder and then double-click on the group to which you want to add the user, for example Administrators.
2) In the properties window, click the Add button.
3) Click on the Locations button.
4) Click Cancel or click the close (X) button in the new window.
5) Select your server name from the top of the list and then click OK.
6) In the Enter the object names to select field, type in the user name you just created (test), click on the Check Names button and then click on OK.
7) Click the Apply button and then click the OK button on the group window and you are all done.
You have now added the user to a group.
Here are the steps to delete a user:
1) Expand the Configuration menu and then Local Users and Groups menu in the Server Manager.
2) Click the Users folder, right-click the user account you want to delete, and then click Delete.
You have now deleted the user.
Now that you have successfully created a user on the server, the user can be used for RDP, website password protection, or the creation of another administrator for the server. For more information about how to use your Windows Hyper-V virtual machine, please see our Knowledge Base at http://kb.cloud.im.