Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) is a specification for creating file formats that are used in email, web documents and other web applications. Each MIME format includes a MIME type and subtype, which stand for the kind of data stored in that file type.
The Windows Shared Hosting server is already configured to handle many of the popular MIME types. You can add additional MIME types through the Customer Control Panel by following the below instructions.
1) Log in to the Customer Control Panel and select the correct subscription from the drop-down menu at the top, right-hand side of the page.
2) Navigate to the websites tab and click on the domain name.
3) Navigate to the MIME Types tab. Within the System sub-tab, you will see a comprehensive list of all system-defined MIME types.
4) Click on the User Defined sub-tab to see your user-defined MIME types.
5) To add a new MIME type, click on Define New MIME Type.
6) Enter the Associated Extension and Content type in the appropriate fields and click Submit.
Note: It is possible to create duplicates. You should check that the MIME type does not exist before creating it.
You can now find your newly created MIME type in the User Defined sub-tab.