A common tool for running a website is a database. We provide two types of databases for our clients: a MSSQL database, and a MySQL database.
Creating a New database
1) Log in to your Control Panel and select your subscription from the drop-down list on the top right.
2) Navigate to the More Services tab and click on Databases.
You will see a list of your databases if you currently have any.
3) Now if you want to create a new database, simply click on the Add New Database button.
You will be presented with a drop-down list of database types you can create.
Note: If you do not see MSSQL as an option, you will need to add the resource through the Account tab.
4) Fill in the Database and Database user Info required to create the database, then click Next.
5) On the next page, check that the details you have entered for your database are correct, and click Finish.
Manage SQL server
To manage a MSSQL or MySQL server, return to the More Services tab and you will see the list of the databases you have with us. Simply click the link name to see the details of the database.
Within the database manager screen, you can see and change the database info in the General tab, you can add and edit users in the Users tab, and you can control the trusted connection websites in the Allowed Websites tab.
The database is a very powerful tool for storing and managing data. Databases are now a must in the industry because most web applications will not function without them. Knowing how to manage them is not necessary as the applications will use them, but knowing how to access them and make minor changes is handy.