Cisco-Spark Starter Guide.
Cisco Spark is an app-centric, cloud-based service that provides a complete collaboration suite for teams to create, meet, message, call, care, white board, and share, regardless of whether they’re together or apart—in one continuous workstream before, during, and after meetings. It is built to help teams work seamlessly. It is simple, secure, complete, and open, and provides a space for people to work better. The core capabilities of Cisco Spark are Meetings, Messaging, and Calling. The Cisco Spark platform, app-centric design, hybrid services, and architecture of Cisco Spark create a unique and differentiated service.
Cisco Spark enables the digitization of the workplace by:
- Bringing together physical and virtual teams.
- Enabling teams to conduct their work activities regardless of location or device
About Cisco – Spark in Market Place: -
The Cisco Spark™ service is a cloud-based business collaboration service that enables customers to message, meet, and call anyone, anywhere, anytime. It has all of the feature-rich communications tools they need to be more productive wherever they work, on any device. Cisco Spark is hosted by Cisco and sold by partners. The Cisco Spark simplifies teamwork by making communication seamless. Send messages, share files, and meet with different teams, all in one place.
Key Features: -
- Send unlimited messages to keep the conversation going with another person or with the team.
- Easily pull in photos or documents and preview files instantly.
- Review a history of messages and files so that everyone can always be up-to-date regardless of time zone or location.
- Start face-to-face meetings with screen sharing to accelerate decision making.
- Participate from a mobile device, computer, or even a browser for anywhere, anytime collaboration.
- Work securely with end-to-end encryption so that only the intended recipients can read shared messages and files.