This document will provide information about the migration of Symantec SBE (Small Business Edition) customers to Symantec End Point Cloud.
- If your customers are using Symantec Small Business Edition, so you can move them to the Symantec End Point Protection Cloud.
- Symantec is moving all his partners and the customer to the cloud network.
- Migration will be performed by Symantec (vendor).
- Once you will receive an email from the Symantec/ Ingram Micro you can select your preferred subscription and can make a purchase from the cloud marketplace
- The detailed information about the migration process will be provided by Symantec.
Steps for Migration
- Reseller receives an email from Symantec and/or Ingram Micro that a migration is approaching, along with instructions.
- Resellers have to onboard their customers to the cloud marketplace, if they are not on cloud marketplace.
- In the Symantec Partner Management Console, resellers will be able to see the list of their customers using Symantec services.
- Reseller need to click the upgrade button for their customer(s).
- Symantec platform takes a snapshot of the number of devices and servers that are eligible for upgrade.
- Symantec platform prepares a "pending order” for those devices and servers and stages it for access via a Pending Order API.
- The pending order includes everything – required subscriptions, product info, feature codes, quantities, etc.
Important Note: Ingram will not be able to provide the information about the status of migration batch.