This document will provide you information about ‘How to Create a Customer Account through Unified Reseller Control Panel’.
Ingram Micro Cloud resellers can quickly and easily create a new customer account using the Cloud Marketplace when they place that customer’s first order. At times resellers may need to create a customer account without placing an order for that customer; in that situation, the customer account is created in the Reseller Control Panel.
After creating your customer, a new customer account requires their default payment method to be enabled for Auto Payments. If your new customer was created as part of placing an order through the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace the payment method and auto payments will be set and no further action is needed. However, if you used your Reseller Control Panel to manually create a customer account you will need to enable that customer’s payment method for auto payments. Upon completing the customer account creation you must then setup External Payment Collection (EPC) as the default payment method for this new customer.
Follow the steps below to create a new customer account in the Reseller Control Panel.
NOTE: You should have a good understanding of the Reseller Control Panel before using this method to create customer accounts. See the Introduction to the Reseller Control Panel for more information.
You can create customer account from In Panel Control Panel as well. See How to Create a Customer Account in Unified Reseller Control Panel
If you want to create a customer account from Classic panel, so follow below process.
1) Log into your Reseller Control Panel. Switch to Classic View.
2) Click on the Billing link in the top right-hand side menu. If the link says Operations, you don’t need to click it.
3) Click Customers in the left-hand-side menu.
- A list of your existing customers will be displayed.
4) Click New Customer Account.
5) Select the Account Type for the new customer.
- If the administration, billing, and technical contacts for the account are different individuals, select the Business
- If there is only a single contact, choose the Personal
After choosing the type of account, click Next
6) Complete the form and click Next button at the bottom of the page
7) Choose a unique Login Name and Password, enter the password twice and then click Finish.
After you click Finish, the customer account is created and ready to have subscriptions added.
Now you can setup this customer's payment method as External Payment Collection (EPC) refer to 'How to: Make ‘External Payment Collection’ the Default for Customers'.
This document has provided information about ‘Creating Customer Accounts through the Classic Reseller Control Panel.’