- How can customers learn when Skype for Business capabilities will be available in Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft will make information on upcoming Teams features available on the Microsoft Teams Roadmap. Customers can also review the Office 365 Roadmap.
- What APIs and SDKs will be made available for Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft expect to have more information to share publicly regarding the extensibility offerings for Microsoft Teams via APIs and SDKs.
Microsoft Teams has an open developer platform with a rich set of capabilities to build apps or integrate with new or existing business processes and services. To learn more about the Teams developer platform, visit the Office Dev Center at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/Microsoft-Teams.
- Will Microsoft support third-party development opportunities in Microsoft Teams?
Yes. Microsoft currently support third-party bots, connectors, and extensions in Microsoft Teams. In addition, Microsoft anticipate having third-party developer communication add-ons available in 2018.
- Is Microsoft Teams available in Office 365 Education and Government plans?
Microsoft Teams is available in all Office 365 for Education suite licensing: Education, Education Plus and Education E5, as well as existing Education E3 customers who purchased E3 prior to its retirement.
Microsoft Teams is not available to Government customers at this time, but Microsoft expect to make it available to these customers in the future.
- Do you have plans to offer Microsoft Teams in the government community cloud (GCC)?
Microsoft Teams will begin rolling out for the US Government Cloud Community (GCC) on July 17th and will be available for all eligible customers by the end of August 2018. See this blog for more details.
- Are there feature differences between Microsoft Teams in Microsoft Commercial Cloud and Microsoft Teams in Government Community Cloud?
To accommodate the requirements of government cloud customers there are a few features differences between the GCC cloud and that of commercial customers. For more information and to find out more about the features available, go to aka.ms/teamsgccsetup.