Why does the Password Reception email say my password is wrong?
Password Reception attempts to authenticate the provided username and password remotely against the source email server (and sometimes the Office 365 server). The most common cause of a password not working is that the username entered is different than the username on the email server. This is because email servers don’t always use the entire email address as a username. (e.g. email@example.com may have a username of “user” or “domain.com/user”). To ensure you’re entering the correct username and password, use the one that grants you access to your email’s webmail.
How do I change the migration date?
The migration date can be changed from the portal up to 4 hours prior to the current migration date:
- Log into the portal (https://www.skykick.com)
- Click Migrations
- Click on the migration you’d like to manage
- Click Edit next to the cutover date and time
- Enter a new date and time in the Office 365 Switch section
If the migration date cannot be changed from the portal, contact support to change the migration date.
How do I run resyncs?
The core tenant of the migration process is that syncs and resyncs are orchestrated through project automation, removing the need for manual scheduling. By default, every migration object will typically receive:
- Initial Sync to capture all of the legacy data.
- Resyncs are automatically scheduled if the project timeline is 5 days or more.
- Final Sync at cutover time to capture any net new data since the last sync.
- Delta Sync after the Final Sync to true up any changes that may have been made in the source mailbox to the Office 365 mailbox.
- Sweep Sync (1 an hour for up to 48 hours) after the Delta Sync to capture any new data that may still be delivered to the source server mailboxes.
Why is X not syncing?
Typically, a mailbox or public folder has not synced because the migration platform does not have access to it. Follow these steps to investigate and troubleshoot access to the object in question:
- Log into the portal (skykick.com)
- Click Migrations
- Select the object’s migration project
- Select the Syncs tab at the top of the page
- Check the Source Access column for the object
If the source password is not working, there are two ways to enter individual credentials manually.
- Click the SMTP address of the user and click the Password Reception link, or
- Click the checkbox of the user and select Provide Source Password in the Actions
If using Source-Side Impersonation (SSI), contact support to update SSI information.
- Click the Alerts tab for additional information concerning synchronization.