This document will help you with information about Outlook Assistant Application for Skykick Migration.
What is the Outlook Assistant and what does it do?
The Outlook Assistant is a light-weight application that is installed on users' local workstations.
- Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Office 365 supported versions of Outlook on Windows (no thin clients).
- Outlook 2010 - 14.0.7164.5002 Service Pack 2 (KB2687455)* and the December 8, 2015 update (KB2760779)* or higher.
- Outlook 2013 - 15.0.4779.1002 Service Pack 1 (KB2850036)* and the November 10, 2015 update (KB3101487)* or higher.
- Outlook 2016 - Subscription: 16.0.6568.20xx or MSI: 16.0.4312.1001 (KB2920684 & KB4011626)* or higher.
- .Net Framework 4.6
- Local Administrator rights to download and install the Outlook Assistant.
- Office 365 license type that supports client-level Exchange access.
Exchange & Google migrations
- Creates a new Outlook profile
- Connects it to the new O365 Outlook at migration time
- Migrates the default signature block
- Migrates the NK2 files (autocompletes)
- Attaches any .PST previously connected to the old profile, to the new one
- All of the Above
- Migrates local calendar and contacts
- All of the Above
- Migrates the primary data store to Outlook (which will push the data to the Office 365 mailbox)
Why can’t user X sign into the Outlook Assistant?
The Outlook Assistant validates the user against the Migration Platform rather than against the source server or Office 365 in order to determine whose profile to build and on which PC.
- The user may not have gone through password reception. Ensure that the Source access column has a green check mark.
- The user’s credentials may have changed after they were provided to the migration platform.
If the user’s credentials need to be updated:
- Log into the portal (https://www.skykick.com)
- Click Migrations
- Select the user’s migration project
- Select the Syncs tab at the top of the page
- Check box next to the user whose password needs updating
- Click the Actions button
- Click Resend Password Reception to send a new password reception email to the user, or
- Click Provide Source password to enter the updated credential manually
- Enter the credentials manually through the action button
This document has provided information about Outlook Assistant Application for Skykick Migration.
* Microsoft Support article number, which includes the update of Outlook versions.