Most of our partners do not use the invoices that we create under their end customer accounts. They will typically bill/invoice from an external system. However, this article will provide you with the information about how to bill your customer and provide them an invoice from the new unified control panel.
*Note: MSRP is set as the default for our invoices and will need to be altered if you wish to set your own prices for your customer invoices. Follow this article to do so: here.
- Login to your Customer’s Control Panel (Follow this article first if you’re unfamiliar with how to get here).
- Click on the Account tab.
- Click on VIEW INVOICE HISTORY button on Invoice History tile.
- Here you will see the list of invoices.
- Click on any of the invoice you want to provide to your customer.
- Here you will see the detailed information of the invoice. Click on DOWNLOAD INVOICE button, invoice will be downloaded in PDF format.
- You can send this invoice via email to your customer.
Optional: Customizing Common Notification Settings
The email notifications sent to customers have settings that can be edited. You have the ability to add your own logo, a link to the customer control panel (CCP), and a link to their own website. Below are the steps that will guide you through the steps for managing these settings.
Log into your Reseller Control Panel and click on the Classic Panel link.
From the Classic Panel click on the Billing tab on the right-hand side of the site.
Click on the Settings option under the System section on the bottom left-hand side of the site.
Click on the Notifications link under the System section.
Then click on the Common Notification Settings link.
Select the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
Enter the locations of your control panel, web site, and logo. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Save button.
Once the settings are set they’ll be used in any email notifications that you’ve enabled to be sent to customers.
This document has provided information about How to Invoice/Bill Your Customer.