To link your domain to the brand in the system, you need to edit its DNS settings by setting up a type “A” DNS record to point to the required IP address.
The following are step-by-step instructions for setting up third-party domains:
- Open details of the brand you created.
- Log in to the account you have with your external registrar.
- Find DNS settings of the domain
- Add a new DNS record:
DNS Record Type: A
Domain or Host: @ (for the main domain) or subdomain. (for subdomains)
IP Address: Please copy the IP address based upon your hub.
TTL: 1 (if editable) or 3600 (if not editable)
- Save the A record (usually by clicking "Save" or "Add record" or similar).
- Check that there are no other A records for this subdomain. If there are, disable them.
Note: It might take up to 48 hours for your custom domain to point to your CCP branding access point. If you have problems or need help setting your third-party domain, you can reach out to your provider’s support team.
If you did not add an SSL certificate to your brand in the previous step, go to Add an SSL Certificate to an Existing Brand.
If you added an SSL certificate for your brand, your brand is successfully set up.