- This document will provide you information about How to Set Up and Manage Sales Branches and Staff in your Reseller Control Panel.
- You can set up sales branches and sales staff in your reseller account in order to gather more complete information about your sales and set up a commission structure.
- Additionally you can set specific people as default sales agents for individual customers so that future sales are attributed to them automatically.
- The instructions below will explain how to do these steps. To begin let’s take a look at how we can set up a Sales Branch.
Creating Sales Branches
1) Log into your control panel. Switch to Classic Panel.
2) Next click on the Billing link at the right-hand side of the site.
3) Then click on the Settings option under the System menu.
4) Click on the Sales link under the Finance section.
5) Next click on the Sales Branches tab and then click Add New Sales Branch.
6) Enter a Branch ID and a Branch Name and then click Save.
This completes the process for adding a sales branch. Repeat steps 1 through 6 above to create as many sales branches as needed.
The next step is to create sales people within your sales branches. Continue with the instructions below to create your sales people.
Creating Sales People
Follow the instructions below to create your sales people and assign them to sales branches. See the previous section of this guide for instructions on creating your sales branches.
1) Click on the Sales Persons tab.
2) Next click on the Add New Sales Person button.
3) Add a Sales Person ID and Name, and assign the sales person to a Sales Branch. Enter the percentage commission for new and recurring sales and press the Save button.
This completes the process of creating a sales person. Repeat steps 1 through 3 above for each sales person needed.
Assigning a Specific Sales Person to a Customer Account
You can ensure that all sales to a particular customer are attributed to their designated sales person by assigning the sales person to that customer account. Please note that this is not mandatory: any order can be manually linked to a specific sales representative if desired, or it can be linked to no particular sales person. The instructions below explain how to assign a sales person to a customer so that sales to that customer are recorded under that sales person.
1) Log into your Reseller Control Panel and Switch to Classic Panel.
2) Next click on the Billing link at the top right-hand side of the site.
3) Click on the Customers option under the Operations menu on the left-hand side of the page.
4) Then click on the customer account to which you wish to assign your sales person.
5) Within the General tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Edit.
6) Click on the magnifying glass icons for Sales Branch and Sales Person to make your selections. Once selected scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Assigning a Sales Person While Placing an Order
When submitting an order through the Reseller control panel for an existing customer you can associate it with a sales person.
1) Log in to your Reseller Control Panel and click Billing link at the top, right-hand side of the page.
2) Then click on the Customers option under the Operations menu.
3) Then click on one of your customers.
4) Click on the Orders tab and then press the Add New Order button.
5) Specify the Service Plan and Subscription Period for the order by clicking the magnifying glass icons. Then select the Sales Branch and Sales person by using the magnifying icon for those fields. Click Next to continue.
6) Review the order details and click Place Order.
This completes the process of placing the order, and it has now been attributed to the sales branch and sales person selected in step 5.
Assigning a Sales Branch and Sales Person to an Existing Order
If a sales order has already been placed but a sales branch and sales person wasn’t assigned, it is possible to manually add these after the order has been placed.
1) Log in to your Reseller Control Panel and click on the Billing link at the top, right-hand side of the page.
2) Click on the Customers option under the Operations menu.
3) Then click on the customer name.
4) Click on the Orders tab.
5) Then click on the Order Number for the sales order that you want to add the sales person to.
6) Click on the [Change] links beside the Sales Branch and Sales Person fields to make your selections, then click Save at the bottom of the page.
7) Click on the magnifying glass icons next to the Sales Branch and Sales Person fields to see the lists and make your selection. Then click Save at the bottom of the page.
This order will now be attributed to your selected sales branch and sales person. When you run sales reports, the order will be included in those statistics.
This document has provided information about Setting Up and Managing Sales Branches and Staff in Your Classic Reseller Control Panel.