This article will provide the following steps required to add i) a Custom ID to an End Customer Account, ii) a Custom ID during Customer Creation through Cloud Marketplace, iii) a Custom ID during Customer Creation through Reseller Control Panel, iv) a Custom ID to an Existing Customer Account.
How to Add a Custom ID to an End Customer Account:
Adding a custom ID to an end customer account can be done in two ways. This can be done either at the time you create the customer account or it can be added to an existing customer account. Perhaps in your internal systems you already have a customer ID for a client. You can add this information into the custom ID field. This detail will then be available in your Reseller Control Panel and can be added to Billing Reports.
Adding Custom ID during Customer Creation (Marketplace)
While creating a new customer account through your Cloud Marketplace you have the option to add a custom ID to the account. Below are the steps that outline how this is done.
- Log into Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace. Start an order for the service you’d like to place. At the point in the order where you assign the service to a customer, select the ‘New Customer’ option.
2. As you fill out the form you will encounter a ‘Custom Account ID’ field. This is where you would add the custom information about this customer.
3. Continue with your order and the custom account ID information will be included as the customer account is created. That’s all there is to it.
Adding Custom ID during Customer Creation (Reseller Control Panel)
A customer account can be created through the Reseller Control Panel. This process has been updated to include a feature to allow for a custom ID to be added. Below is the process of how this can be done.
- Log into your Reseller Control Panel.
2. Click on the Customers from the left side menu.
- Click on Customers to view the list of the customers.
4. Click on ‘New Customer Account’ button.
- Select if the account is ‘Business’ or ‘Personal’ and set a sales person or branch if needed. Click on ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Enter the customer’s contact details (Address, Email, Phone), Custom Account ID and proceed for the further steps to create the customer account.
- Once the Customer Account will be created, you will be able to see the customer account's Custom ID.
Adding a Custom ID to an Existing Customer Account
The ability to list an external custom ID on a customer account was added in January 2018. Any customers on your account created before then would not have this information already entered. It is something that you can add to the older accounts. Follow these steps to add an external customer ID to an existing customer account.
- Log into your Reseller Control Panel. Switch to Classic Panel.
2. Click on the Customer from the left side menu.
- Click on the ‘Customers’ to view the existing customers list.
- Select the customer you want to add the Custom ID by clicking on the customer account name.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Scroll down to ACCOUNT INFORMATION and add the Custom Account ID. Click on the OK button.
- You will be able to see the Custom Account ID for the customer..