Many of the Resellers choose to not set up taxation. This means their end customers won’t see taxes. Invoicing to end customers typically occurs from their own systems which is already set to collect taxes. However, if you’ve configured tax settings for your account, you may wish to change how it is presented to your end customers. By default, the Marketplace tiles in the Customer control panel display prices as the cost of the service plus the tax. While the tile doesn’t specify how much of the price on the tile is from tax the shopping cart display in the upper right-hand corner of the site does.
If you feel you would prefer that the tile be shown differently there are some options. There are three display options.
- Always calculate and display prices with tax (Default Setting)
- Display pre-tax prices but calculate and display taxes in order estimate and preview
- Display pre-tax prices and order estimate, calculate and display taxes only during final order preview to switch from the default setting to one of the other options follow the steps outlined below.
- Log into your Reseller Control panel. Once you’ve logged in click on the “Classic Panel” link at the top of the site.
- Next, click on the “Billing” link at the top of the site.
- Use the “Search Tool” to look up “Customer CP” and click on that option.
- Here you can review the current settings.
- To adjust the tax display setting you’ll need to press the “Edit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the display setting you prefer and press the “Save” button.