These roles allow you to configure the privileges that a user will have within the Cloud Marketplace Control Panel. In our example we will create a role that allows a user to be able to place orders but not manage end customer accounts. This could potentially be used by an “Order Fulfillment” team. The following steps will take us through the process of setting up this role.
- The first step is to log into your Reseller Control Panel ( https://cp.xx.yy.cloud.im) Once you’re logged in click on the “Classic Panel” link at the top of the site.
- XX: Two letter country code, g. – us, ca, au, uk, nl, etc.
- YY: Two letter reseller hub code, g. – na, oc, eu, as, oc, me, etc.
- Next, click on the “Settings” link on the left-hand side navigation
- The click on the “Security” link under the “Core” section.
- The default roles are To begin creating a new role press the “Add New Role” button.
- Enter a name and description for the role then press the “Next” button.
- This step is where we configure the access levels for the privileges available for the Since we need this role to allow a user to access the Control Panel and place orders we need to set the following privileges.
- Login as to MyCP -> enable checkbox
- Own CP Access -> enable checkbox
- Resellers CP Access -> enable checkbox
Those three permissions will grant the access we need but there are a couple others that might be useful. An order fulfillment team could benefit from being able to adjust prices during order placement. This is referred to as “Spot” pricing. If you’ve negotiated a deal with an end customer that includes a reduced price the following settings would allow this role to change price during the order placement.
- Application Billing Order Management: Allow to place orders with spot pricing
- Application UX1 Marketplace: Adjust Discount for a reseller
- Application UX1 Marketplace: Adjust Margin for an end-customer
The rest of the privilege settings can remain the same with their default values for this role. There are other settings you can enable if you like. Once you’ve completed setting the values you want the role to have scroll to the bottom of the page and press the “Finish” button.
- The role is created and will be available to be assigned to users.