Storage Guardian : How to log into Storage Guardian Web Portal and Navigation
Modified on: Sat, 26 Dec, 2020 at 4:13 AM
- Log into Storage Guardian Web Portal. Click on http://dsnoc2.storageguardian.com/noc/ and put in your credentials.
- When you log in for the 1st time, it will take you through the ‘Forgotten Password Options’.
- Put in your password. Frame a secret question and a secret answer. Click on ‘Submit’.
- It will open into ‘Dashboard’. It will show a host of ‘Backup Activities’ per account per client.
- Click on ‘DS-System’ and ‘Browse DS-System’.
- ‘Browse DS-System’ page opens. It will show how many storage guardian vaults are under DS-Systems. Here the number of vaults are 2.
- Click on the dropdown beside any of the vault to expand. It will show the different accounts listed under the vault.
- Click on the dropdown beside account – ‘IM-COREIO’. It will show one installation and gives you the name of the machine where it is installed – ‘CORDEV-UTIL01’. It will show you other details like DS-Client number, Service Start date, Protected Size, View Activity Log & Manage DS-Client.
Note: There might be multiple installation associated with one account.
- Click on the drop down further beside account to get to the individual backup sets. It will show you other details like Last Backup date, Protected Size, View Activity Log, Browse Set Content.
- Click on ‘View’ next to the ‘Activity Log’ option on the right hand side to view the Activity Log.
- The ‘DS-System Activity Log’ page opens. It gives information about any type of activity that is going on DS-System. A host of information is being displayed here like, Event Log (Sys Ev), DS-Client event log (Cln Ev) Account info, DS-Client name, File type, Description, Error messages and many other information.
- While checking the activity log in ‘DS-System Activity log’, few information may be marked in red. This denotes error messages or warning messages because of which the backup could not happen.
- Click on the () icon under ‘Cln Ev’ in the ‘DS-System Activity log’ page against the red error message to check the exact error message in detail.
- The ‘DS-Client Event Log (CLn Ev) page opens. This gives the exact error message as to why the backup did not happened.
- Click on ‘Type’ & ‘Category’ to filter out the data.
a. Click on ‘Find’ after filtering the data to get the required data.
b. Click on ‘Back to Activity’ to go back to ‘DS-System Activity log’ page.
- In order to extract a report in the form of pdf & excel format or in case if you want to attach it in an email, click on the respective icons, (for pdf) & (for excel) on the top left corner to download the files.
In DS-SYSTEM ACZTIVITY LOG page
In DS-CLIENT EVENT LOG page
- As soon as you click on the respective icons, the respective (.pdf) or .CSV) format report gets downloaded towards the bottom of the page. Click on the downloaded file, save it for further usage.
- Once you click on the option, the ‘Send email’ screen opens. Fill in the details and choose the required ‘Report format’. Click on ‘Send E-Mail’.
- Once viewing of Activity Log is done, then close the DS-SYSTEM ACTIVITY LOG window and return back to ‘BROWSE DS-SYSTEM’ window. Click on ‘Backup of files on C$’.
- Click on ‘Browse’ next to the ‘Backup Set Content’ option on the right hand side to browse the Backup Set Content.
- The ‘Navigation’ page opens. You can browse through the information like, backup set name, when was the last backup done and the like.
- In order to find out how many generation the customer have, click on the ‘ ‘sign next to the respective folders-- C$ folder, ISO folder, till you find ‘’.
- Click on ‘’ sign and expand the file. It will show you 3 files.
- Click on ‘’ sign next to the file name ‘cri’
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.