You can also revert to an older state of your website using a backup by following these steps.
1) Log in to your Customer’s Control Panel (CCP)
2) Click on the ‘Dropmysite’ tab
3) The ‘Dropmysite’ page opens
4) Click on the Login to Dropmysite button
5) The Dropmysite (DMS) Dashboard opens
6) Click on the restore () button corresponding to the backup state you want to revert to
7) The ‘Restore Files’ page opens
8) You can expand all the directories and sub-directories and tick the box corresponding to the directories, sub-directories or files you want to re-instate in your current website (tick ‘Select All’ if you want all directories to be selected)
9) Click the restore () button at the top of the page
10) A confirmation page opens
11) Tick the ‘By checking this box, I agree to replace any existing files selected with this restore.’ checkbox
12) Click the Restore button
13) You will receive a status update and confirmation that the selected directories, sub-directories and files have been successful restored to your website
You can use the restore feature to migrate your website to another service provider, refer to the FAQ ‘Can I use Dropmysite to migrate my website?’.
Other articles related to website backups are:
To see a complete list of all help articles for Dropmysite, refer to the Table of Contents (TOC) in the Dropmysite – Starter Guide.