You can use your Dropmyemail subscription to migrate emails to a new or existing email account.
Please note the following:
- If the destination email account uses IMAP then emails will maintain their original folder structure.
- If the destination email account uses POP, all migrated emails will go into the ‘Inbox’ folder.
Follow the steps in this article to migrate emails:
1) Login to the Drop-suite Portal
2) Select the mailbox that you wish to view by clicking on its corresponding radio button
3) Click the Migrate button
4) On the ‘Migrate Account’ page, select the destination Email Provider - Gmail/Google Apps; Office 365 or Others (select ‘Others’ for all other Email Providers including Exchange)
5) Enter the email address and password for the destination account
Dropmyemail will check its comprehensive database to see if the destination email domain is present in its database with IMAP and POP settings. If it is then the Advanced Settings button will have a green check. In this case, you can go directly to step number 6.
If Dropmyemail is not able to find the destination email domain in its database then the following message will be displayed:
Looks like you have a custom domain. Please update Advanced Settings. If you are not sure about details, please check with your email provider.
If you receive the above message, you will need to manually enter the advanced settings for your Email Provider, step detailed below.
Advanced Settings – Manual Entry
5a) Click on the Advanced Settings button
5b) Enter the following information about your mail server: Protocol, Security, Incoming Port and Host (if you do not have this information already; contact your Email Provider). Ideally, though not mandatory, your mail server should use IMAP.
5c) Click the Save Settings button
If you wish to only migrate a subset of emails from the account, you can provide a date range indicating when these emails were created.
IMPORTANT! Leave ‘Date range’ blank if you want to migrate all emails.
6) Click the Start Migration button
You can check the status of the migration (refer to ‘How to: Check the Progress of Archives/Backups/Downloads/Migrations’ to learn how).