Before you begin
The following things should be kept in mind before transferring the Google subscription to Ingram Micro:
- To transfer a G Suite/Workspace account, ALL existing plans listed under the domain MUST be transferred. Therefore, all plans listed in the Google Admin Console MUST be purchased in the Cloud Marketplace to matchthe same existing subscription(s).
- (Example: Cloud Identity free and G Suite Basic Flexible appear in the Google Admin Console under billing. Cloud Identity and G Suite Basic Flexible must be purchased first via Cloud Marketplace, before any upgrades or downgrades take place).
- Subscriptions need to be purchased with the same quantity of licenses which customer has with Google (this applies to annual plans).
- To transfer the subscription from Google to Ingram Micro, a Reseller’s Public Identifier (provided by Google and visible in the marketplace) is required to generate transfer tokens. Steps to provide outlined under process below.
- Login to Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace
- Click on Cloud Services.
- Go to Communication and Collaboration
- Select Google Workspace from the various services.
- Click on SEE MORE option to view all the services of Google available on the Marketplace. Locate the existing plan type.
- Locate your preferred plan type.
- Click on the ADD TO CART button to add the required subscription (same as existing) plan.
*Please Note: G Suite Monthly Flexible (usage Based) plans will display as 0% margin. 20% margin will reflect through invoicing (billed 30 days in arrears)
- Scroll up and click on the Cart
*If transferring a G Suite Monthly Flexible (usage Based) plans will not display seat quantity.
- If transferring an annual plan: Verify through the Google Admin Console and match the exact number of licenses required and click on the NEXT button.
- Select the customer from the existing list or Add New Customer if you are placing this order for a new customer.
- As the Customer is selected click on the NEXT button.
- Here you will be asked for Transfer code. You can obtain the Reseller Identifier from this page. (copy the whole group)
*Please note: Admin email prefix will be the same as the current administrators login*
- Now the following steps need to be done from the Customer’s Google Admin Portal.
- Go to Customer’s Google Admin Portal and search for Transfer a Customer Account. In this article, you will see the option to Retrieve the transfer code.
- Enter the Reseller’s Public Identifier and click on the CONFIRM RESELLER IDENTIFIER
- You will see a pop-up, click on the GENERATE TRANSFER CODE button.
- Copy the transfer token.
- Now go back to the Marketplace screen and paste the transfer token. Click on the SUBMIT
**Please note a new order will be needed for every entitlement in this list**
- Please wait up to 10 minutes, while Google transfers the services.
- Now go back to the customer control panel, you will see the subscription is activated.
IMPORTANT: If this is your first Google Transaction, See: Connect to Channel - Reseller Cloud Identity