Outlook 2010 contains the Autodiscover feature, which requires simply entering your e-mail address and password to automatically configure the connection with your mailbox. In some cases where Autodiscover is not able to establish the connection, you will need to use the configuration script – see instructions here.
This article explains how to configure Outlook 2010 to connect with the Exchange Server using the Autodiscover feature.
1) Open Start > Control Panel > Mail.
Mail Setup dialog appears.
2) Click Show Profiles button.
Mail dialog appears.
3) Make sure Prompt for a profile to be used option is selected and click Add.
4) Enter a Profile Name in the New Profile dialog box and press OK.
5) In the Add New E-mail Account wizard fill Your Name, E-mail Address and Password fields and click Next >.
6) In the Exchange login prompt enter your mailbox login [email@example.com] and password.
7) Outlook will try to discover your mailbox settings over secure internet connection. You could be prompted to allow Outlook to perform redirection from one site (unsecure) to another (secure). Allow this redirection. If Autodiscover is unable to perform the configuration, see this article for instructions to configure it using the Configuration Script.
This completes the process of configuring Outlook 2010 to connect with Exchange Server.