As of August 2017, Microsoft has invited Ingram Micro's Resellers to register as an "Indirect Reseller" within the Partner Center.
The advantages include:
- Ingram Micro can see all their End Customers and Resellers, even from traditional sales.
- Ingram Micro Resellers will be able to see all their end customers and the associated distributors.
- Resellers can display customized 'Support Information' in the Customers' account on the Microsoft Portal (refer to How to: Add Your Own Support Contact Information to Microsoft Portal for detailed instructions).
Steps to complete "Indirect Reseller" registration
Step 1 - Create a Partner Center Account
Resellers should create an account in the Microsoft Partner Center. This should have already been set up, but if not, a new one can be set up following the steps detailed here: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/cloud-solution-provider/whats-required.
Step 2 - Confirm and authorize the Ingram Micro – Reseller Relationship
- Click on the appropriate Regional Partner Center link in the table below. You'll need to sign in to the Partner Center account again.
- On the Confirm partnership page, check the I agree and confirm that this Microsoft indirect provider can sell Cloud Services to my customers and will receive delegated admin permissions on my Azure AD account box. Click the Authorize indirect provider button.
- Once you have finished the above steps, you can go to the Indirect Providers page in your Partner Center account to go over the following.
Location on Partner Center
Is Ingram Micro listed as my Indirect Provider?
Dashboard > Indirect Providers
Which Customers do I currently share with Ingram Micro?
Dashboard > Indirect Providers > View customers
Do you want a new customer to authorize Reseller relationships with you and Ingram Micro?
Dashboard > Indirect Providers > Invite new customers