Microsoft SQL Web Edition is pre-installed on your server to help you create new databases that can be associated with your website. Follow the instructions below to create a new MS SQL database on your Windows Hyper-V virtual machine.
1) Connect with your Windows server using remote desktop connection.
2) Press the windows key on your keyboard, and then right click the SQL Server Management icon to bring up the advanced options at the bottom.
3) Click on the Run as administrator option.
4) On the User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
If this is the first time you are opening SQL Server Management Studio on your server, you will see the following screen stating that SQL Server Management Studio is being configured.
5) On the Connect to Server dialog box, leave the Server type as Database Engine and enter your VM name in the Server name field. The Authentication field should be set to Windows Authentication. You will notice that the User name field has already been filled and greyed out and the Password field is blank. Then click Connect.
6) You will see the following folders under the Object Explorer heading: Databases, Security, Server Objects, Replication, and Management.
7) Right click on the Databases folder and select the New Database… option.
8) In the New Database window, enter the Database name and click OK.
9) To change the Owner name, click the (...) button to select another owner.
10) Click Browse in the Select Database Owner window.
11) In the Browse for Objects window, check the box next to the user who you want to set as the owner of the database and click OK.
12) To change the default values of the primary data and transaction log files, in the database files grid, click the appropriate cell and enter the new value.
13) In the same way, you can change the collation of the database, modify database options, file groups or add extended properties. Once you have made the appropriate changes, click OK.
14) Now if you expand the Databases folder, you will find the database you just created.
Now that you have successfully created a database, you can associate it with your website as per your requirements.