Customers must accept the Ingram Micro relationship to transact Microsoft Cloud through Ingram Micro. This relationship allows Ingram to manage and support a Customer’s service or subscription on their behalf. By providing authorization, Ingram can purchase on the Customers behalf and grants them permission to manage the Microsoft account as Global Admin and Helpdesk Admin.
Indirect Resellers can accept this authorization on the Customer’s behalf.
This authorization must be completed before the Customer’s first Microsoft order. If the Customer doesn’t accept this authorization, Ingram Micro won’t be able to purchase any Microsoft subscriptions or services on behalf of the Customer.
- Accept Ingram Micro as the Cloud Solution Provider and Admin by clicking on the applicable link to your Country’s Partner Center. For a list of the different links, reference Request a Microsoft Relationship.
- You’ll be directed to the Customer’s Microsoft 365 Admin Center where you’ll have to login.
- Note – The login ID must have Global Admin rights to accept the invitation.
- The agreement will automatically populate once you’re signed in. Review and click “Accept & Authorize”.
- Once you accept, there’ll be a notification indicating successful authorization. You can view the Ingram Micro relationship under the Partner Relationships tab.
Note – Customers can also view their Partner Relationships under the Settings tab.
Note – Customers can remove the Global Administrator and Helpdesk Administrator roles but if these roles are removed, Ingram Micro won’t be able to manage the Customer’s account in Azure Active Directory or other Microsoft services. Ingram Micro will still be listed as the Cloud Solution Provider and purchases can continue to be processed by the Customer or by the Partner on the Customer's behalf.