Microsoft has provided a new service with Azure which is Azure New Commerce Experience offer enabling the Monthly Calendar Billing, Detailed Invoicing, Azure Plan tiered pricing and end – customer price management tools.
- Azure New Commerce Experience - Focus on End-Customer Value Add Services
- Current Front-end Margin replaced by Managed-Services Credit or Partner Earned Credit (based on AOBO status– Administrator on behalf of)
- Modern Commerce Microsoft Partner and Customer Agreements
- Azure Plan - Billing Container for Subscriptions
- Calendar Month Billing Periods
- Azure meter card rates globally in USD
- Billing based on end-customer location currency
- Cost management tools for end-customer (spend, budgets, alerts)
This article will walk you through the purchase process of Azure NCE.
Video Demonstration: Azure NCE Purchasing Options
- Navigate to your Reseller Control Panel (RCP).
- Click on the Marketplace tab on the left panel of the RCP and type Azure in the search box and click on Azure New Commerce Experience (NCE) in the suggestion result from the search box.
- Under Service Plans, click on the ADD TO CART.
- Scroll up and click on the Cart icon.
- On the “Place an Order” page, click Next
- Select the customer from the list of an existing customer, or you can create a new customer as well if you are placing this order for a new customer.
- Your MPN ID should auto-populate assuming you’ve re-loaded it under the Azure Reseller (NCE) tab of the RCP. If it doesn’t auto-populate, refer to Updating your MPN ID for Azure NCE Orders to update your MPN ID.
- Select the appropriate option. Provide the Microsoft tenant name, and click on the CHECK NAME.
NOTE - You may receive this error message if the tenant domain hasn’t accepted the CSP relationship. Follow the hyperlink “instruction” to accept the relationship and authorize Ingram Micro as the Cloud Solution Provider.
- Sign into the O365 Admin Center with Global Administrator credentials and accept the CSP Relationship with Ingram Micro.
- You will get a message that “Successfully accepted delegated administration offer.”
- Go back to the Ingram Micro Control Panel and re – enter the tenant domain and click on CHECK.
- If you are importing an existing Microsoft online account, you’ll have to create a verification user within the Customer’s Active Directory. This is only for verification purposes and the user can be deleted after the Azure order process is complete.
If you didn’t choose this option, proceed to Step 9 below. You will see the instructions to be followed within the Azure portal. Click on the Microsoft Portal link and create a new user with the username shown in the bold letters.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft Azure Portal. Click on the Hamburger icon at the top left corner of the site.
- Click on the Azure Active Directory in the left side menu.
- Go to Users and click on it.
- Click on the + New User button to add a new user.
- Create the user with the username provided on the Ingram Micro Marketplace.
Important Note: Domain name of the user should end with .onmicrosoft.com.
- You can see the user has been created in the Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Go back to the Ingram Micro Marketplace and input your MPN ID again.
Note – Click the radio button if you don’t have a MPN ID and are not participating as an Indirect Reseller
- You may need to accept the Microsoft Customer Agreement if it’s the Customer’s 1st order. When ready, click Next.
- Review the order details and click on the BUY button.
- You will receive an Order Number.
- Log in as a customer to see the Azure CSP NCE enablement.
- Login to the Azure portal using the Microsoft User ID (admin@XXX.onmicrosoft.com) found within the Azure tile of the Customer Control Panel (CCP). Watch this video (Accessing Your Azure Subscription (Azure Access Control)) for assistance in accessing your Azure subscription.