Customers have the option to transfer their Azure NCE subscriptions to Ingram Micro as the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP). For Customers looking to transition to an Indirect Reseller who Partners with Ingram Micro as their CSP, follow the steps below.
This process only applies to US. For other regions, reach out to your Cloud Sales Representative.
For more information regarding Azure NCE transfers and key considerations, please refer to the Microsoft Doc: Transfer a customer's Azure plan subscriptions to a different partner
The current Indirect Reseller, Customer, and future Indirect Reseller/Cloud Solution Provider MUST all be aware and in agreement of the Azure NCE transition before any transfer requests can be initiated.
- Create an Azure Plan under the Customer’s Cloud Marketplace Account. Reference How to create an Azure NCE subscription ID. If this Customer already has an existing active Azure Plan through Ingram Micro, disregard this step.
Note – An Azure Plan is required for any Azure NCE subscriptions to transfer underneath to. To create an initial Azure Plan, you’ll create an Azure NCE subscription in the Cloud Marketplace (CMP). The Azure subscription can be deactivated if not needed. The Azure NCE Transfer cannot be completed without an active Azure Plan with Ingram Micro.
- Complete the Azure NCE Inbound Transfer request form. Form will be automatically routed to the IaaS Sales Teams for processing. The Reseller Point of Contact (POC) listed will also receive a copy of the form submission.
- The Azure NCE transfer request will be initiated and will generate a Transfer Request ID. IaaS Sales will be providing that Transfer Request ID to the Reseller POC.
Note – You may need the Transfer Request ID to provide to the current CSP.
- Coordinate with the current Indirect Reseller/CSP to accept the transfer request.
Note - Transfer requests are active for 30 days. If they’re not accepted within the 30 days, the Ingram Micro must create a new transfer request.
- Notify Ingram IaaS Sales when the transfer request has been accepted by the current CSP. At this point, Ingram Micro will become the Billing Partner for the End Customer on the day the transfer request is approved.
- Admin on Behalf (AOBO) must be established for each incoming Azure NCE subscription. Request from the IaaS Sales Team to provide the Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) to complete this.
Note – If AOBO is not established on Azure NCE subscriptions, the subscriptions will be invoiced to the Indirect Reseller at MSRP.
- Once AOBO has been established on all incoming Azure NCE subscriptions, complete the Bulk Azure Import Request and email complete excel to your Ingram IaaS Sales Rep. The Azure NCE subscriptions will then be imported into the specified Customer’s Control Panel (CCP).
- Verify that the Azure NCE inbound transfer has been successful by checking the CCP for the transferring Azure subscriptions. You should see the Azure NCE tiles within the CCP and should reflect the inbound Azure subscription IDs.
- Azure Reservations will not move with the subscription to Ingram Micro. Coordinate with the previous Indirect Reseller/Cloud Solution Provider to cancel any existing Azure Reserved Instances.
- Admin on Behalf Of (AOBO) will not be granted by default to Ingram Micro. See step 6 for instructions on how to enable.
- Third-party marketplace products will transfer as long as the products pass the Marketplace eligibility check.
- There are no special discounts or regional restrictions
- The products are non-subscription based
- The future partner should work with the publisher to make sure they are on the allow-list for deployment of the product
- If not all of these conditions are met in order to transfer the Marketplace products should be canceled, the Azure subscriptions transferred, and then repurchase of Marketplace products with the new CSP
- It’s the future CSP’s responsibility to initiate the transfer request. Current CSP’s are unable to initiate any NCE transfer requests. Microsoft cannot intervene on behalf of the Customer or the current Partner. The Customer should plan to work closely with their future and current Indirect Reseller and/or Cloud Solution Provider to make the transition go smoothly.
- The transfer process doesn’t disrupt any existing Azure resources.
- Azure Plan ID’s will always stay with the current Cloud Solution Provider. Only Azure Subscription ID’s can be transferred.
For questions or concerns, reach out to the IaaS Team at IaaS@ingrammicro.com.