How to give Orchestrator API access to your AWS account
You may need to get API access to your AWS subscription, either because you want to have a "BYOS" subscription of the Multi-Cloud Orchestrator, or you want to deploy an Instant Cloud Solution from the marketplace.
After logging into the AWS admin panel, this operation is structured in 3 parts:
- Create new user or select existing one
- Give the new user admin rights or make sure the existing one has them
- Retrieve account credentials
Note: All 3 parts of the procedure must be successfully completed for the API access to be valid.
Rights to be given
- Give admin right to the user account to be used by the Multi-Cloud Orchestrator
Credentials to be extracted
- AWS API keys
- Access Key ID
- Secret Key Access
Create new user or select existing one
Log in to the AWS admin panel
- Type your email address / account ID / account alias and click on "Next" button
- If prompted solve captcha and click on "Submit" button.
- Type your password and click on "Sign In" button.
Give Ingram Micro Cloud API access
- Open "Services" menu
- Click on "Security, Identity, & Compliance" → "IAM".
- Click on "Users" in the left side menu.
- Click on "Add user" button.
- Type a name for the new user and check "Programmatic access" in "Access type".
Give the new user admin rights or make sure the existing one has them
- Select "Attach existing policies directly", then check the policy "AdministratorAccess" in the policy table and click on "Next:Tags" button.
- Click on "Next:Review" button.
- Click on "Create user" button.
Retrieve account credentials
- Click on "Show" in "Secret access key" table row.
- Copy and save your "Access key ID" and "Secret access key".